Sign in to follow this  
PHUZZYthecat

Game Modes in Future?

I realize that at this point in development, the main focus is bug squashing and new content. However, in the future it could be cool to add game modes (eg. creative, survival) such as in Minecraft or Subnautica. This would be cool as some people may be interested in creating the greatest base ever, without having to spent hours of resource farming. there could be another gamemode where you must gather resources like normal, but power and oxygen would not be a concern, or difficulty levels, where power/O2 would last shorter or longer accordingly.

I can see the point in having a fully creative mode for people who just want to go wild with the deform tool.

I don't see the point in having a non-creative mode where oxygen and power are removed, though.

In Subnautica it actually makes sense because Subnautica is a story-driven game, and some people want to experience the story without the hassle of hunger/thirst management (although to be honest, I prefer to have hunger and thirst in Subnautica and they aren't really a bother).

I don't think there is a way to remove the hunger system in Minecraft except via mods. If I remember correctly (it's been a long time), you just had creative and survival.

On 2/23/2018 at 2:00 AM, CobraA1 said:

I can see the point in having a fully creative mode for people who just want to go wild with the deform tool.

I don't see the point in having a non-creative mode where oxygen and power are removed, though.

In Subnautica it actually makes sense because Subnautica is a story-driven game, and some people want to experience the story without the hassle of hunger/thirst management (although to be honest, I prefer to have hunger and thirst in Subnautica and they aren't really a bother).

I don't think there is a way to remove the hunger system in Minecraft except via mods. If I remember correctly (it's been a long time), you just had creative and survival.

Very well written, completely agree.