I just bought this on my XBOXone and it will not save!!  I get into the habitat and save before exiting!  My daughter and I played this for several hours together last night, taking turns exploring, and I reload today to find all progress is LOST?!?  Why hasn’t this issue been fixed?  I saw that others experienced the same issue over a month ago!

Edited by TheSassyB
Misspelled a word

I’m on Xbox as well but have only had that issue if I don’t have an internet connection.

If the game crashes, itnusually goes back to the previous save, so I’ve started getting in and out of vehicles/habitats a lot more often 

FIX : Uninstall game , then reinstall .

I experienced the same issue of losing save pods  . A couple days ago, I put about  12 hours in , I was in and out of vehicle and habitat often . It was saving and I could see the light blue saved game pod. The next day I go back to play some more and the pod is gone. So I just start a new game thinking bummer but  I’ll build a better base this time anyways, so I start building , saving often , then I do a final save and exit . No save pod at main menu . It will not save at all now . No matter what I do . So I  restart my Xbox one X , log out of Microsoft profile then back in. No luck. So finally I Uninstall game and  re-install , and bingo now my  save works again and the best part is my original save I spent so much time on  was back !! Hell yeah :) 

Happy Gaming ;) 

Running version 0.5.1.0

Before you try uninstalling, try shutting down your Xbox via the settings menu. This will clear the cache and should re-enable saving. 

On 2/17/2018 at 2:46 AM, Blind Io said:

Before you try uninstalling, try shutting down your Xbox via the settings menu. This will clear the cache and should re-enable saving. 

I tried this. It didn't work. My friend has this problem.

Posted (edited)

I have just begun to explore other planets and got a chem lab and trade platform but every time I load into my game, it takes me to OVER A WEEK AGO! I had been in it a few times, and it had saved. Then all of a sudden it stopped saving. I just posted this wanting to know how to fix it. If I uninstall the game, as @Ashton Papi says, will I reinstall it with my progress? ALSO... if I uninstall it do I have to pay for the game again?? Thanks all for helping so far, too.

Edited by Killercat33101
Wrong words to describe problem

1 hour ago, Killercat33101 said:

I have just begun to explore other planets and got a chem lab and trade platform but every time I load into my game, it takes me to OVER A WEEK AGO! I had been in it a few times, and it had saved. Then all of a sudden it stopped saving. I just posted this wanting to know how to fix it. If I uninstall the game, as @Ashton Papi says, will I reinstall it with my progress? ALSO... if I uninstall it do I have to pay for the game again?? Thanks all for helping so far, too.

Your Xbox account owns the game, so you can uninstall and reinstall as much as you like. It is widely apparent that uninstalling on its own achieves next to nothing in fixing this issue. Saves are generally maintained via cloud storage as far as I know. 

The saving issues on Xbox are pretty huge. Players have reported that a full shutdown, or taking the console offline (something I never recommend) are the only things that potentially fix it.

Big save files, Microsoft account issues, and always-on difficulties have been suggested as sources of the problem but clear communication from the devs has been lacking.