edwon

Can't fly my spaceship

I have no idea how to fly my space ship.
The fuel is filled to the top, and it's got a seat. I get in and press all the buttons, and nothing happens. I thought maybe  if I connected the nose port to electricity it would charge it, but then I accidentally built a platform and now I'm really stuck.

So is my only choice at this piont to build a new space ship?

As far as I know the conditions to successfully blast-off in a spacecraft in this game are:

1. Have full fuel (or the required amount)

2. Have at least 1 seat on it, and be in it.

3. That seat must be the special seat for the spacecraft, not the one for land vehicles.

4. Click the "up" or "life off" button.

If that doesn't work, try making a new one.

7 minutes ago, Commander John said:

As far as I know the conditions to successfully blast-off in a spacecraft in this game are:

1. Have full fuel (or the required amount)

2. Have at least 1 seat on it, and be in it.

3. That seat must be the special seat for the spacecraft, not the one for land vehicles.

4. Click the "up" or "life off" button.

If that doesn't work, try making a new one.

agreed. side note tho, on my games (Xbox) I was able to use the ground vehicle seats on the spacecraft. I thought it was funny that you could go into space with those seats. Let me know if you figure it out Edwon

Just now, Vinnie said:

agreed. side note tho, on my games (Xbox) I was able to use the ground vehicle seats on the spacecraft. I thought it was funny that you could go into space with those seats. Let me know if you figure it out Edwon

I've seen that done, however I've never done that personally so I didn't have to say "Oh you can use any seat you want" without testing it.

2 minutes ago, Commander John said:

I've seen that done, however I've never done that personally so I didn't have to say "Oh you can use any seat you want" without testing it.

of course

Not sure if this is a recent change, but I could not fly one with a regular land seat. Only the built on spaceship seats work to takeoff - for me at least.

on pc you can attach a habitat to a large storage and use that as the seat for a spaceship. I went exploring for a seat from a crashed ship and they were just vehicle ones.

Saw a post somewhere mention Habitats so tried that and it works fine. IF your loading up stuff to found a new base just remember to take mats to make a replacement once your base is setup and your good.

Ahhhhh so what I didn't realize is that the icon floating above the ship (once I've added fuel and made seats) was actually a button you can press! I thought it was just instructions to press a button (like how the truck works)

Making the icon more obvious that you have to press it would be helpful.

What do you mean 'like how the truck works', I'm not sure I understand what you're experiencing.  The only time I ever see an instruction to press a key it's tab to get in or out of seats, and it's not the bright orange icon that's always an in-game button to activate something.

Also, vehicle seats on spaceships did work at EA Launch but got changed in... I think the 12/22 patch?

Edited by CherubimCW