Mak-a-Face

Deform Tool with built in Canister

I think it's time to bring back the ability to raise and lower terrain to the deform tool without having to use a canister. This has grown out of frustration of losing canisters on a few rare occasions. This is happened on Radiated & Tundra and there's seems to be a hiccup when wandering around and out of nowhere's you're literally thrown into the air, this even happens when exploring the caverns, you'll start floating up to the surface and if you're lucky, you'll end up back on the surface. But lately my last few games, ended up dying because of this hiccup. Floated right into spiky mushrooms and of course ended up losing my canister, couldn't retrieve it. I even had it happened this morning, where I was running into a cave to avoid a storm and got hit on the way in and out of nowhere's again, ended up floating through the caverns back to the surface and got hit by a cube and die. I couldn't reach my stuff because I was running on oxygen nuggets when I died.

So the idea is to have a built-in canister on the deform tool that will allow you to deform as soon as you start the game. This built-in canister doesn't have to be a full size one. Something smaller, maybe a quarter of the size of the original. If you carrying canisters on your backpack, they will be filled first before filling the one on the deform tool. At the same time, this is the perfect opportunity to create a new deform tool that doesn't look like a tuba.

0dZiuAS.png

I actually like this idea very much. I think the new canister mechanic is a good addition, but it also impedes on just having a fun time playing. I think when it becomes obvious that a game mechanic, be it a good or bad addition, also adds a level of frustration, where none needs to be, it should be altered. An integrated canister would solve this problem I think.

An expansion of this line of thought might be the ability to connect to some sort of large volume harvest module....thinking something that sits on the rover that you walk up to and activate and it empties your canisters or your tool reservoir.  

Or have tether lines work as a conveyor system, the way they do in the first preview video. You fill a canister and it heads down the tether lines to your base/rover

fill a storage unit with canisters and load it on your vehicle, then tether your deform tool to your vehicle and rock and roll. like it.