I'm not sure what to tell you besides keep trying to get out. Fo me on xbox, all you have to do is press "x" to get out of a habitat. I'm not sure what you press on steam. It is interesting that you can place tethers even though you are in your habitat. Maybe try restarting you game?

im playing on xbox when my friend crashed he was holding the habitat which is why its glitched out i think i got in it and now i cant get out no matter what i do im just gonna have to wait for another patch and hope that it fixes

24 minutes ago, Legitbeast78 said:

im playing on xbox when my friend crashed he was holding the habitat which is why its glitched out i think i got in it and now i cant get out no matter what i do im just gonna have to wait for another patch and hope that it fixes

Probably :( but if you happen to find a way out let me know

I also have the same issue on the xbox one, i made a habitat on the 3d printer then placed it on the ground nearby, then shortly after the game crashed.

When i reloaded it it starts me in the habitat with no press x to exit or anything, i can grab things and move then with rt and make and place tethers but pressing any other buttons doesn't do anything.

I really don't want to start another game and lose my progress so i will wait for the next update.

Have a great christmas everyone

Its alright maybe one day we can come back to the great worlds we once built...... one day

Happened to me on the Steam (M+KB) version too.

Made a new habitat at the 3D printer, got in, saved and got out again fine. Then I set it as a new base by accident so Alt+F4 out of the game to avoid that from being saved (really looking forward to the day we can destroy buildings), loaded the game back up and then crafted a few things and hopped back in to save except I couldn't get back out this time. Since it had saved when I got in, I was stuck with it and didn't think to check the saves folder to go back to the old one - now it's been overwritten and I'm stuck in permanently.

Would be nice to have a command, or even option in the menu to kill our characters regardless of the situation to prevent anything like this happening again.