rileya_c

It’s FEBRUARY!!

And y’all know what that means!!!!!!! 

Astroneer update will be coming soon!!!! I just REALLY wish there was more hype about updates/ knowledge of an idea about when the updates will come out, instead of a rough estimate. Like I’m sure system era knows pretty well when the patches will be rolling out. I just cannot wait for this and any new updates!! 

The absolutely worst thing a dev can do is to announce a release date. More often then not you find they adhere to the date with rushed "features" to meet the deadline, or don't make the date and get all those upset that took the day off in anticipation of playing with the new patch.

I for one prefer the "when it's done" release cycle with decent patch notes. ;)

Edited to add that I'm not accusing SE of doing any of the former!

Edited by mallaig
clarification

Maybe we should create a set of new Astroneeer based Holidays that occur on random days of the year and random days of the months so as to inspire excitement....... It would be nice to be a bit more informed and not have to search for that information in other places........ oh well....... A Boy Can Wish..........................

7 hours ago, mallaig said:

The absolutely worst thing a dev can do is to announce a release date.

I'm totally with you.

9 hours ago, KeeblerOrc said:

Maybe we should create a set of new Astroneeer based Holidays that occur on random days of the year and random days of the months so as to inspire excitement....... It would be nice to be a bit more informed and not have to search for that information in other places........ oh well....... A Boy Can Wish..........................

Okay let’s start this Astroneer holiday thing up for hype about new updates coming for Astroneer. My idea is it should be every month on the 6th calendar day. 

I have this dream in which, after you've played through the latest game features and are in the painful doldrums of waiting for the next patch, an AI buried in the game wakes up and starts inventing new features on its own, so that you never run out and are able to play blissfully till the necrosis in your butt spreads to the rest of your body and it's curtains for you.

10 minutes ago, Mordred478 said:

I have this dream in which, after you've played through the latest game features and are in the painful doldrums of waiting for the next patch, an AI buried in the game wakes up and starts inventing new features on its own, so that you never run out and are able to play blissfully till the necrosis in your butt spreads to the rest of your body and it's curtains for you.

Wow that just might be the scariest dream ever... 

lolol the last I heard about the new patch was that it was coming out around Valentine’s Day? That’s next week. The last patch came out on a Monday... possibly maybe there going to release this new patch on Monday? A boy could only hope 

On 2/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, Mordred478 said:

Oh...That's not a dream...

latest?cb=20160318225306

Valentines day eh.. hopefully patch won't include pink suits with love hearts and the ability to pick flowers..I hate valentines day.."will you be my valentine?" 'NO. You're too expensive!! Go away, leave me alone!'

They can patch whenever as far as I'm concerned. :D

Edited by Martin

Well, I was kinda hoping they'd add something into the game for Valentine's Day...not necessarily something all mushy or overly cute lol, I may be a female player but even I'm not that all into "cutesy flowery stuff" :P nor would I expect it to be "THE update either. More along the lines of something they could've seeded into the game at any point so it would just simply "hatch" at the correct time, like with the holiday tether lights (loved those, at least for the most part, a few colors worked out better than others, *cough*green*cough). So yeah, if anything had come out of Valentine's I think it's would've been a nice touch to see some subtle difference in our gear or gameworld appearance, not some big or overwhelming change (no matter how temporary). I think flowery pink suits would've been too much, though certainly quite hilarious in a way :P When you think about it, Valentine's is one of the few rather "global" holidays the Devs could easily celebrate. While I would've LOVED to see Halloween celebrated, I'm not sure how global it is. And certainly others like 4th of July, well that's pretty much just America & her territories, so can't expect that one really for a more global game of this type. I'm guessing they (1) don't want to spend too much time on holiday themed items in game (as it ultimately requires having some Devs focus attention away from what they're normally doing in order to create whatever holiday-themed content there is to be introduced), and (2) they want to tread carefully with the fan base so as not to alienate anyone based on religion or nationality. So that does make it a bit tricky in terms of selecting holidays and the like, best I can figure anyway.

This update is going to be huge, and well worth the wait!

As for holiday themes, I'd rather have a finished 1.0 release and then bonus content when they're not working their butts off developing all the new stuff for the game!

58 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

This update is going to be huge, and well worth the wait!

I wouldn't expect too much, their track record was too slow in the past. In December they told that we will get a content update every month from now on and by mid February we are still on December level, no new content since then. A few things were postponed in the Roadmap as well and this trend is going to continue I bet. It's a slow progress.

6 minutes ago, mikk said:

I wouldn't expect too much, their track record was too slow in the past.

I'm expecting a little bit more than what I've seen. What I've seen is an overhaul of the power system including power conduits, and a revamp of the entire base building system, including modular and packable platforms, as well as the new version of the habitat. It's an enormous change, the biggest ever update to the game. 

If you missed the teasers, the recent stream is now available (ignore the titles) at twitch.tv/ses_dev/profile

Screenshots are available in the Discord - discord.gg/astroneer - and at the moment I write this, Veronica from System Era is there chatting about fixing the patch. 

I really miss the Twitch streams they did in the beginning (although tbh they didn't do too many back then, the team was very small only a handful really. Adam headed up the streams and appeared to be in charge for the most part. This was back in the first month or two of release as pre-alpha, also around the time they were struggling to grow the team, adjust to moving into a new office, and cope with the loss of two team members-one a tragic unexpected death, the other a planned career change. Despite the smaller staff, they still managed to pull it off, in fact I wonder if that made it all easier?). These streams back in the beginning really gave SES a "face" and personality, if you know what I mean. Of course the VLOGS are nice, and I'm sure they're able to communicate much more, and get more team members on camera, than they ever could realistically using a streaming format. It's probably much easier to control content thru the VLOG approach, as this is recorded and can be screened to make sure no one does in fact "spill the beans" (using their words, lol) on content, plans, etc that's not set in stone, not ready to be revealed, or what have you. I get that, they don't want to throw stuff out there while we, the biggest fans, are hanging on every word, gesture, pic and image, and not only could but would take them at 100% of what they said when truth is everyone screws up from time to time when "live" and says things they probably shouldn't, "leaks" ideas & such that may not even be team ideas just their own imaginings and "cool thoughts" etc and then that runs through the fan base, gets blown all out of proportions, eventually the fans realizing that wasn't something ever planned or likely to be delivered upon, and it just leads to a lot of unintentional disappointment & perhaps some hard feelings with a few fans. I can understand their viewpoint, the Devs, to use a unified delivery system like the VLOGS, something that can be planned out prior to creation, then edited & reviewed prior to distribution, so they know exactly what's being provided to players & fans while not showing all of their cards so to speak, because development is quite a fluid situation as I've come to understand it, with each step of the way significantly affecting what's to follow, a domino effect essentially. Sometimes there's a need to backtrack, which will alter whatever plans "had been made" for going forward. I know several times I've wished they would alter how they've moved forward, but it's not my game. They've invited all of us players here to give feedback, which is cool. But they don't have to do what any of us say, and we aren't entitled to have them do so. We aren't making the game after all, it wasn't our idea, and we aren't the ones there working on it each and every day (well, you know what I mean).

In terms of holiday stuff, I wasn't implying I expected such things, nor was I implying I thought the team should spend lots of time away from their core duties on it either. Someone had replied about that, but I'm 100% in agreement their focus should be on the game itself, and I believe that's what they've been doing. The only thing I said (in response to a topic that was somewhat Valentine-centric) was "IF" there were something done in the spirit of the holiday, I would hope it wouldn't be some overly cutesy or mushy thing. I also gave 2 reasons why I believe the Devs don't bother with most holiday stuff, the first being it detracts from overall work on the game, and we all want to see MORE progress on Astroneer with more frequent updates, not less. The other had to do with their not being many suitable globally observed holidays, but the first one is really the primary reason.

As to the whole "entering into Alpha, now we'll be sticking to monthly update" schedule plan? As someone who has played since latter half of January 2017, I can say it's been a bit frustrating in terms of slow update releases for Astroneer overall. However, I've enjoyed the game immensely, and there's no doubt I've received well beyond my money's worth in entertainment. I probably play in excess of 20-30 hrs a week, and I play other games as well! (Note: I'm disabled and can't work, so gaming is about the only thing I can do, and it helps me a lot by taking my mind off chronic pain, so I have a lot of time anyway with which to spend gaming, most people won't have that kind of time). I remember mentioning that to Adam in a "creative stream" he was doing, and he said "well at least someone is enjoying our game" xD It was a hilarious moment, one of those interactions between the Devs & the players in the community that is missing when only VLOGS are used. As mentioned above, I know why they use them. Just wish they could manage some streams as well. Adam was lots of fun when he did the streams! :D He played some cool music too!

Back during the first few months of pre-alpha, the reasons given for slow updates (and the reasons I passed along to others who complained about the same) were several: they'd just moved to a new office, they were a very small team (still are, but they're gigantic now in terms of where they started), they'd lost 2 of their closest friends and co-workers, they were in the process of interviewing and hiring a bunch of more people to do the work. And...here we are, a year later, and there's been really no significant change in the pace of updates that I can perceive (perception doesn't always correlate well with reality, I know some have listed before the dates of updates that have been issued in the past, with intervals inbetween). And while updates seem larger in terms of the changes they've made lately, they haven't been what I think most players would call "new content." I think there's a sort of disconnect, for whatever reason, between what many (not all) players deem "new content" and what Devs do. For example, the "Excavation Update" was, prior to release, labeled as a "huge content update." When I saw it & started playing it, I was really disappointed. The new Bytes system, meh. I think nearly all of us were glad to be rid of the old rng based research system. I got so fed up with getting, out of my first 3 research results, always a crane, drill, or winch! Those were so worthless for a starting base! I disagree with those who call Astroneer a game based on tech-tree though, it still isn't. Why? The backpack catalog isn't organized with any dependencies. I'll explain.

If there were a true tech-treee or research-tree in Astroneer, this is how things would work. You wouldn't be able to unlock something without first unlocking the items necessary to build it (that's what a dependency is). I run a clan dojo in a game called Warframe, where we do research for weapon blueprints, and once those blueprints are finished any & all members of the clan can purchase them for in-game credits and craft them on their own ships using their ship foundry system. The clan dojo has 4 types of labs, each does research on a particular type of weapon (biological, energy, etc) and within each lab there is a hierarchy of sorts, a "tree" with dependies. Now, that dependency system isn't as clear cut in terms of making sense all the time as it would if implemented in Astroneer, but nonetheless it's there in Warframe and you must abide by it. So when you open the lab menu, you'll see you must start off completing certain weapon research "unlocks" before moving on to other ones, and so on. There are usually several groupings, or perhaps you could call them loosely "families" of weapons, you must proceed through their research in a dictated fashion or else you can't get through them.

So what's this have to do with a Astroneer? Not a lot, other than to demonstrate a point. Before I describe how it would look in Astroneer, why do we even need this? Why limit our freedom? Well, it's not about limiting freedom at all, and anyone who has played this game even a little bit, once they think about this, will realize they would need to follow certain steps anyway. People these days get their feathers rustled anytime they have ANY perception someone is trying to limit their "freedom" especially in a video game. Omg get over it, and yourself. I grew up with old school games, Atari 2600 etc. You had very limited options, unless you were breaking into the game code or something lol. I was 7, I wasn't doing any of that :P You played Pong? You moved the paddle back & forth, trying to hit the little ball, and that was it. No special moves, no extra lives, that was the game. Period. The reason a tech tree would be preferable in Astroneer is to avoid the new and inexperienced player wasting their bytes on unlocks they can't use, at least not yet, because they don't understand the game and it's mechanics (it's basically a tutorial-less game, which I think is fine actually, I think too many games try to hold the player's hand and too many players believe they need it held, even demand to have it held or else see a game as "too challenging, hard, difficult, confusing, etc"(said in ultra-whiny voice) Now I'm not against individual experimentation, trial & error, but I think the game has plenty of that on offer, and the research system as it currently exists is already chock full of tedium, so I say let's not frustrate the new/-ish player with more frustrating than necessary and save them the angst of wasting their hard-earned "crypto" :D 

I envision the catalog "tree" (dependencies would be a more apropos term imho) would look something like the following:

Until Printer is unlocked, all items requiring it would remain locked and unavailable for purchase: larger solar panel & larger wind turbine, the medium storage, the drill, the coal-using larger generator, single seat, larger battery, etc)

Until Vehicle Bay is unlocked, all items requiring it would remain locked and unavailable for purchase: all vehicles & spacecraft, all their additions, etc

There might be some further dependencies considered in the future, but not necessarily atm. Many of us have discussed the unwieldy nature of the crane on the small rover, and it is worth considering the crane as a dependency to having the large rover unlocked, not to mention making the vehicle bay unable to print a crane onto a small rover as well. In a similar situation, the shuttle should NOT be eligible for the crane to be added on to it, as there is absolutely no purpose for this (same goes for adding on large storage to the shuttle unless the situation has changed and that is now functional; I haven't flown a [small] shuttle in ages, so I could be operating off of outdated info there, but I know it used to be if you built a large storage onto the [small] shuttle, you ruined it and it couldn't fly, because if you placed a habitat onto the storage it wasn't able to manipulate the takeoff and landing controls, but again I recognize the situation may well have changed on that I haven't left Terran in well over 6 months, lacking a compelling reason to do so). These aren't really "tree" dependencies anyway, and would be more along the lines of refining or fine-tuning the crafting flow of the game, so players don't build useless or extremely unwieldy combinations. Its fine to have some experimenting in crafting in Astroneer, to get the ideal set-up you'd like, but I don't think we need to reduce the level of experimentation to a complete free-for-all experience a la some space version of Lincoln Logs or Weeble Wobbles xD

What I don't see necessary-horizontal restrictions in the catalog. For example, take batteries. I know most people don't purchase the power cell unlock. I myself, usually don't but sometimes I do if I have excess points, it's easy power for 1 compound but I think it should be a bit more powerful, more bang for you buck so to speak. Next up, small battery. Again, weak sauce! I also tend to find several of these during my many cave explorations, so I wouldn't need to craft them anyway, and without space travel is limited on Lithium as it is (I don't exploit the resource machine to craft it either, and I don't build trade platforms, I don't see these as necessary, I only use resource machine in the beginning to craft some extra resin maybe compound if it's a bit scare near my spawn, but to each his own). The small battery also should be way more powerful to be of any real use, unless you're planning to amass a whole panel of them. I know myself and a few others in the Astroneer club have taken to placing them in storages near but not linked to base (I half-bury the storage pallet in the ground to keep it from blowing away, and keep unlinked from base otherwise it would never stay charged because of greedy power-streaming research machines, at least until we can get something like power toggles for nodes so they will leave certain battery supplies intact for "emergency stores" something like that anyway, we need something as a work around). The largest battery is a major sore spot for me with regards to this update. It's so crucial, and yet, it's way overpriced imho. It cost more than the large rover, and almost as much (iirc, not looking at the game atm) as a large spacecraft! That's just ridiculous for something so key (I'm sure some will say that's exactly why it should cost so much, but I disagree, that's the wrong reasoning, that's the sort of thing that genrates frustration in the game not satisfaction upon earning it). I don't go into each play-thru, and the ones where I manage enough points to unlock the battery I'm like "omg I feel so accomplished"! No, it's more like if find a battery in a cave tunnel (the dead end ones I call "item tunnels") I'm like "W00t!" and feel like I won the lottery or something, like I beat "the man" that's how I feel, because I feel cheated all the rest of the time by exorbitant overpricing on the battery & other select items in game. While I'm sure the Devs gave significant thought to the pricing, it's still just a first iteration, and imho they need some rebalancing. Some things shouldn't cost at all, because you can't do anything with them anyway (printer, vehicle bay). In fact, the Devs went down this path last spring and I'm surprised after that huge debacle they dared try it again. They locked away these in research, admittedly it was quite different then as it was rng and some very unlucky people were going hours into their games with all sorts of stuff unlocked but no printer or bay to craft them with, but people were in a major uproar. The situation has changed considerably. No one is unable to craft anything this time, no more rng. But I would argue there's simply no point to slapping a purchase cost on these items. We should be able to craft them whenever we choose, it just adds to the tedium and a degree of frustration in the early game, that all you're doing is running around gathering organic, compound & resin, and being a grand babysitter for research. It's not fun, it's not exciting, it's not anything like what the game experience used to be, and it's not an improvement by any means other than the removal of the rng and having a choice in your order of unlocks. I despise TAR, I always have, I've always said that, I do recognize how the resource module is very much invaluable when venturing to other planets where it's hard to find resin & compound (I haven't traveled in so long, not since TAR released, but I remember well having to truck tons of resin, compound, etc with me, wherever I went, because they were so scare or else down in tunnels choked with Spikers at the entrance, acid spewing pots too, just very inhospitable all around not to mention I was far less experienced back then lol, so I'm not saying I think it's all bad just it's a nuisance needing canisters & soil to flatten/smooth base specifically in the beginning that really sucked, but also to terraform like when I need to get out of a cave system urgently and must build bridges and I run out of soil mid-bridge, situations like that, yeah that's very annoying and not "stimulating" in an adventuesome sort of way).

I was drawn into the game by the trailer that was in place around the time I started playing, back in patch 118 I think it was. The trailer showed a bunch of co-op players running, bouncing along across a variety of planetscapes, having a great ol' time, using their terrain tool freely with limitless COLORFUL terrain (none of this grey garbage) building amazing bridges and all sorts of structures, deforming as well, building cool bases and craft, zooming about, it was a grand adventure I saw, an amazing premise and promise. And when I started playing, I didn't have others to play with, but I was drawn into these worlds, and was lost for hours on end. I still am, but only because I have an underlying "need" to be lost, to escape from my pain. The fun and excitement of the game, a lot of that spontaneity has become very dogmatic, rhythmic, grindy, basically rinse & repeat, and I hope that with coming updates, that will change. I know much of what has been related lately has been changed to underlying structure (hence the disconnect-it's been lot of "content" from a Dev's perspective, because it's been a lot of work on their behalf, overhauling the research & power systems almost completely there's still other modules not using streaming power atm, but overall by their terms it is huge content). From my perspective & many players, mechanics isn't really "content" although that's not necessarily fair and I recognize that. When I think "content" I think new gameplay. Research is a backbone of Astroneer, so it's not new, even if it gets new mechanics, it's not new. A simplified way of thinking, but if you ask many players, you'll find deep down that's how they think as well. "New" means something not currently in the game in any form or fashion, completely de novo. I wouldn't even include new hazards, as demoed in VLOG aka bomber Pumkins and so forth as "new" content, just updated, more varied content. Doesn't mean players won't like it, or be please & happy to see it, I won't for sure because I've already written how there's two items in game which slow the Xbox One down miserably, those being storms and Pumpkins when discharging their "acidic gas blooms" and it's only become worse with time & updates. I think the addition of more hazards will only create more performance problems for Xbox One players. If I had to choose between Terrain 2.0 and more hazards, well that's a no brainer, I want better looking and more varied terrain, not hazards! :P I think most people would. In addition, Xbox players have been waiting patiently for some performance improvements, for a very long time now, and I don't know when we'll ever see them implemented. I'm sure they're on the road map, I've looked at it, but without Devstreams, VLOGS + road map feel extremely detached. They're better than nothing, but they're not interactive.

Anyway, I feel like my comments here have run all over the place, and I'm sorry about that. Not my most cohesive post, by far. I always write a lot, so not much I can say about that :P As always, I love this game, and wish nothing but the best for it. No matter how critical I may sound, I continue to support it, defiantly at times against those who might whine and moan about its development or lack of progress, because ultimately it comes down to having faith, and I've been around long enough I'm willingly to hold out and see where this all ends. It's my first game I've ever played any significant time as Game Preview, so I'm very invested in it emotionally and intellectually, not to mention all the great moments I've experienced and plan to continue to experience. Astroneer has given me the opportunity to be a part of a wonderful club on Xbox, an experience I'd never had without this amazing game, and I'll remain forever grateful for that as well. As I said, I've received well more than my money's worth from it, many times over, having played idk how many hundreds of hours at this point :D 

All I do, all any of us really can do, is what the Devs ask us to do...come here and leave feedback, and discuss with each other what we think is the state of the game and how it can, or might, improve. Sometimes we agree on things, sometimes we all have differing opinions, but that's not a bad thing. If we all saw things the same way, nothing would ever change, or improve for that matter. Ideas would stagnate, progress would come to a halt. Fresh eyes, fresh minds, fresh ideas, these foster creativity and generate solutions and such. So no big deal I don't agree with some and vice versa. When it comes to gameplay, outside of absing game systems, using exploits, etc, I'm very much "to each their own" sort of person. I'm not here to sit on a pedestal and tell people they shouldn't do this or that, although when it comes to things like "omg resource module is SOOOOOO OP" that's the sort of thing where, as someone now almost 50 yrs old, I call the line and say "grow up, stop whining, it's called 'willpower' you'd better figure out now how to use it". If there are extraordinarily unbalanced systems in games, yeah those do need to be remedied. One already has been fixed within Astroneer, although truth be told that "fix" wasn't "just" because of exploits, there was an existing imbalance corrected as well. The resource module itself is only unbalanced if people use it improperly. It actually fills a great need in the game, i.e. when traveling to other planets and esatblishing a base of operations (resin & compound are often scare, difficult to find on the surface of the non-Terran planets, so the module saves you the time & frustration of wagging loads of those resources with you each & every time you travel to those planets, and also saves you likely many deaths searching those planets for those same resources where now you can just gather soil nearby instead).

A final note...with regards to batteries, powering the base, etc. I know some say "you just need excess power for you base, then your batteries will stay charged" Sigh. My response would be, thanks for stating the obvious ;)  I'm not interested in gathering container after container of soil to chain-mine Lithium for batteries. And by the time I've done enough research (solo) for space travel I'm usually hitting performance issues, meaning I'm not that keen about the whole thing anyway. Now that I've thought about it, perhaps there could be "very limited" deposits of Lithium & maybe Titanium on Terran, same as there is coal. Probably not generated into every game, so it's not a guaranteed thing. It could be somewhat like how coal is encountered on Terran. You have to look for coal, it's not going to find you. I know I certainly don't find it every game (can't say I purposely look for it though, but I look through a lot of caves for sure!), and when I do find it I usually don't find much, but I know it's there if I want to try & find it. Don't see why it should be all that different for the other rare resources, and I have a hard time seeing how it would be game-breaking (certainly no more than the way people are currently exploiting trades or TAR w/resource module). It's no big deal really, of this would be too much trouble to implement or the Devs just wouldn't like the idea overall. I usually get by fine with what I grab off of dead explorers and crashes because I simply EXPLORE, a lot. That's what the game is all about, at least imho. In one thread, someone complained about the number of dead explorers, but I must strongly disagree. I think they're just fine, although lately they do seem more clumped than usual as I mentioned above. Spread them out a bit more, and I think they're fine. It's the other clutter that's problematic, because tons of thrusters, space marbles, and dynamite lying everywhere is, for the most part, useless. Because of length, I'm forgoing proofreading this "essay" so forgive me any & all typos, grammatical errors, and whatnot. I could've left out whole words, it's even possible I didn't make sense the whole time. Stuff happens! Have a wonderful Astroneering day!

8 hours ago, Shadow Echo said:

I really miss the Twitch streams they did in the beginning

Only responding to the first line, I haven't read the rest of the post.

There was a stream on Twitch on Feb 14.

Summary: the patch drops in the second half of next week (end of the week?) and there will be around 12 new pieces of art (base modules and ???) we haven't seen before. Worth checking mostly for the 2 screenshots, one showing a base with the new modules/power connectors and what looks like a remote solar power farm.

17 hours ago, Eoghan said:

Only responding to the first line, I haven't read the rest of the post.

There was a stream on Twitch on Feb 14.

Summary: the patch drops in the second half of next week (end of the week?) and there will be around 12 new pieces of art (base modules and ???) we haven't seen before. Worth checking mostly for the 2 screenshots, one showing a base with the new modules/power connectors and what looks like a remote solar power farm.

Can you redirect me to these 2 screenshots?

I don't use Imgur a lot, so I can't say if this is typical behavior of links. However when I try to click on Imgur links like the one posted above, most of the time I get sent to the main batch of pics and have no idea whatsoever how to find the actual image the individual hoped to link to. Do I need to have an account to get a direct link? I've thought of making one, because right now I don't have any method to share screenshots or clips of my own, which would make explaining some of the issues I've encountered along the way much easier. Maybe that's just how Imgur works. I did try search function, but I'm guessing for something like Imgur it's only as good as the tagging system is, and relies on the individual(s) posting the material. Didn't see anything tagged System Era, and at a glance nothing under Astroneer looked like it was related to new content but I could be mistaken.

As to the Twitch Stream, I'm glad indeed they have seemed to return to the format. I would imagine, as I mentioned previously, that live streams are more difficult (or at least more time consuming) for the Devs to do, but much more interactive and overall informative. Steaks also have the additional benefit of promoting a sense of "good faith" I guess I'd call it when it comes to the player base, and stimulates continued interest which encourages people to talk about the game more with others, expanding knowledge of the game etc. I know I always enjoyed being able to "see" the team in "live" format (well, back when I saw streams it was just Adam, and I didn't know there was a stream recently idk who was on that one I'll have to look it up) but it's great when you can ask a question and get a real-time response (chat does get crazy, and there's no way everyone's question can be answered or the stream wouldn't get done) still it's much better than VLOGs which aren't interactive at all, and the forum really doesn't see any Dev input. I found this disappointing at first, but I figure they're too busy to respond, so I just have to hope they pay attention to the feedback. Overall it seems they do, at least some of it. Sometimes it would be nice, though, to see more instances of direct response.

All in all, I'm glad to hear there was a stream. Sad I missed it, but I'll definitely have to check it out and see what all is going on & planned. Thanks for the update! :) 

@Shadow Echo I don't have an account with Imgur and I can see the screenshots and post the link (which I found on reddit). So I'm a bit puzzled as to why, if I understand correctly, you see unrelated content.

On 2/6/2018 at 5:04 PM, rileya_c said:

Astroneer update will be coming soon!!!! I just REALLY wish there was more hype about updates/ knowledge of an idea about when the updates will come out, instead of a rough estimate.

I will simply continue to rely on patience. I've heard that it's a virtue. System Era owes me nothing more than what has already been provided. I was aware of this when I paid my money, and still agreed to pay it. I have no regrets. 

If they were to at this moment discontinue supporting this endeavor entirely, I would be disappointed for sure, as I see this game having an incredible amount of potential, but would not feel slighted, cheated, etc.

Passion for a game is a great thing obviously, but I don't envy any developer attempting to balance quality control, artistic vision, etc. with pleasing the player base. Deadlines are good to have. Officially announced deadlines, maybe not so much, as others have pointed out that things will tend to be rushed to make an announced deadline. I would prefer them to have internally known deadlines, but not officially announced, due to the natural impatience that comes with human nature.

At this point really, I just view any additional content and updates as pleasant surprises. Keeping my desires high, but expectations low. This is how I avoid disappointment and frustration in most situations. :)

2 hours ago, Aevirok said:

I will simply continue to rely on patience. I've heard that it's a virtue. System Era owes me nothing more than what has already been provided. I was aware of this when I paid my money, and still agreed to pay it. I have no regrets. 

If they were to at this moment discontinue supporting this endeavor entirely, I would be disappointed for sure, as I see this game having an incredible amount of potential, but would not feel slighted, cheated, etc.

Passion for a game is a great thing obviously, but I don't envy any developer attempting to balance quality control, artistic vision, etc. with pleasing the player base. Deadlines are good to have. Officially announced deadlines, maybe not so much, as others have pointed out that things will tend to be rushed to make an announced deadline. I would prefer them to have internally known deadlines, but not officially announced, due to the natural impatience that comes with human nature.

At this point really, I just view any additional content and updates as pleasant surprises. Keeping my desires high, but expectations low. This is how I avoid disappointment and frustration in most situations. :)

These are the wisest and most intelligent words I've read on this forum for a long time. I fully share your opinion.
 Let's just be patient and let this great team work who makes to us a fantastic game.
Edited by Al Sypiade