I’m sorry to see this thread go but there is only a certain distance that a thread can travel without dev/moderator feedback. I honestly would feel better about a no from a dev than it just hanging here like this. (But then again, they don’t want to spoil next update =)) maybe we could try and get this one noticed for a final decision? I’m not sure.

@Astrofun 

And any others following this, I apologize but I am pretty backed up with school work and work. I would be more then happy to continue this either, when some modding developers wish to take on the project, or when I have more free time.

Currently I am working on 2 game environment pieces for my portfolio and assets for a mobile game. As you can imagine this is taking up most of my time if not all of it.

Again, sorry for not being active but if anyone wishes to work with me on this just let me know and we can keep updating here. If anyone also has a project of their own that is actively being developed and in need of a 3D game modeler let me know as well.

I think this is an awesome game and would like to add to it when I can it’s just harder when doing it alone.

( If anyone wants to see some of my work you can find it in my ArtStation here )

https://www.artstation.com/killershadow115/albums/all

Don’t apologize, we all admire the work you’ve put in to this thread. I could never match those 3D designs. Thanks putting in all that time and effort.

I personally love this concept and would be amazing to do more so if you have more then one base on a planet, or in the case made by OP having everyone have their own base and some way to connect them all.

after reading through some of the posts i have to say that a lot of them are really good and decided to make a bit of a compilation here including their ideas and a few of my own. Hopefully this will help you out or at least give you some more ideas as well lol

Station module:
A large module (about the size of a Large station A) that allows you to use point to point trains. All tracks start at a Station Stations and have two point to connect to (one point on either side of the tracks), allowing them to be used as stops or junctions or even bypassed. This is also the point at which you supply power to the train (more carts means more power draw of course). The station can automatically stop carts automatically (and any attached to the first cart), this can be toggled on and off but is useful for faster carts (which will be explained later). Trains all must start out being placed on a station but can be moved forward and backward like any vehicle and then can be linked together.

Track connector:
Track connectors are a one slot sized unit that work in the same way that Extenders do, in that you must place the connector down and then using a cable (the track) connect it to others. This will allow for the train to run along most every type of surface. Even over gaps and ravines as long as the track connectors are rested on solid ground. When making a turn/curved track they curve no lower then 90°. To prevent the train from making too sharp a turn the smaller the angle the more track is needed (a 90° turn would need the entire length of the track to prevent the train from flipping/ bunching up. They could also attach to walls and ceilings as well. All rail endings have a stopper on them to prevent trains from flying off of the rails. You also replace stoppers with connectors when you attach one you then can stretch out the stopper to your desired length (or till you run out. Rails also also cannot be removed/moved if there is a train on them or if they are between the train and the nearest connected Station (in other words a train must always be connected to a station), when placed Connectors and stoppers will connect to the closest part of the ground (similar to most modules).

Finally is the Train carts themselves. All carts have a few things in common:
1. To drive/operate a train you must sit at the one closest to the front (the seat must also be facing the front) as opposed to vehicles where its the first one in the vehicle.
2. Trains can only go forwards or backwards and cannot operate with out power (nor can their module attachments)
3. All trains can be removed or placed at the station, or by using a packager on the train at any point of the track (when no modules are attached)

There could be several different kinds as some mentioned before:

-Maintenance Cart: Small carts that have have three T-2 attachments (front top, and, back) allowing for a semi early game train option. They are slightly faster then a rover. 

-Speed carts: Medium transport carts that have limited space similar to two Medium rovers put together. They have two T-3 attachment slots on top, enough for storage or four single rover seats), however they can reach very fast speeds, essentially being the "bullet train" of the game. these carts do not have a front / back attachment.

-Work carts: Larger carts that resemble Large rovers in terms of modules. Having a T-4 attachment slot they can use cranes and many other modules they are about as fast as a Maintenance cart but allow for large amounts of storage.

I think that's about it for this XD

@Espri, I agree with everything here although I think that one should not need a seat to use a train. Unlike with rovers, each train requires a Maglev Engine Car that looks mostly like a truck with a cockpit and a magnetic reactor on the back. I would also like much larger trains than even the rovers. Also, I find it ironic that this was posted exactly 1 year before the release of 1.0......🤔

On 4/29/2019 at 4:45 AM, Espri said:

A large module (about the size of a Large station A) that allows you to use point to point trains. All tracks start at a Station Stations and have two point to connect to (one point on either side of the tracks), allowing them to be used as stops or junctions or even bypassed. This is also the point at which you supply power to the train (more carts means more power draw of course). The station can automatically stop carts automatically (and any attached to the first cart), this can be toggled on and off but is useful for faster carts (which will be explained later). Trains all must start out being placed on a station but can be moved forward and backward like any vehicle and then can be linked together.

This is really nice! I imagine it like the newly introduced T-Platforms.

Ahhh... so the train can stop at stops... and maybe even gather power from them! Imagine a SOLAR TRAIN that runs solely (da-dun-tshhh) on solar panels!

Now, I've decided that I am for an automated track layer...possibly attached to a rover

Ikr @CopperyMarrow15, these are such awesome ideas, +1 @KillerShadow115, but he hasn't logged in recently, this is Avery old post which was ignored ,but this post is really of great value, especially for the devs, thanks for reviving the post coppermarrow15.

On 7/24/2019 at 9:45 PM, TMarcher74 said:

Ikr @CopperyMarrow15, these are such awesome ideas, +1 @KillerShadow115, but he hasn't logged in recently, this is Avery old post which was ignored ,but this post is really of great value, especially for the devs, thanks for reviving the post coppermarrow15.

I revive it every time I have the chance. I was here when this was all new...and I was here before that...before 1.0 ruined everything (more on that when I get the chance). I remember it....and always will... (This probably sound like a wacky love story by now...) Like I said previously, 

On 5/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, CopperyMarrow15 said:

I find it ironic that this was posted exactly 1 year before the release of 1.0......🤔

...and I still do... I also said a while ago that this should be pinned...and I still do...but it's not some developer is going to pin a random year-old suggestion that they most likely are never going to put in game... Like @The Touch of Grey Gamer once said, "Joe gets what Joe wants"...or something like that... 

I have some free time so I will be remaking some models and adding new concepts for this post. 

Please be patient and feel free to leave any ides you may have.

I will be-

1) remake and add new Carts

2) making and adding better rails

3) remaking the station

4) adding mods for the train (like auto track laying, digging, or flattening the land.) 

I do not have a release date for this update but if all goes well it'll be done in a week or 2

Thank you for all your support and ideas!

Posted (edited)

YAAAAAAAY!!! It's @KillerShadow115! The Lord of 3D models is BACK!!!

I want to see more AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!! I was pushing this thread before pushing was invented...and I still am... WE NEED THIS! The developers must listen...someone needs to tell them to look at this forum...we must keep pushing...enduring...thinking! #astrorailftw

Please check out everything we have discussed here and build off of it. Thank you for making this epic thread!

Edited by CopperyMarrow15
grammar...

On 4/9/2019 at 10:15 PM, Astrofun said:

I honestly would feel better about a no from a dev than it just hanging here like this.

ANY kind of feedback...ANYTHING...I'm desperate, devs..................