On 1/15/2019 at 11:26 AM, Astrofun said:

For you and your friend, another use for trains and tracks and automation may be a track-layer. This would be a rover with a huge and expensive machine on top which would pave a road and then put tracks on it. You would just hop in, point it in the right direction, and wait. Then, later, it would return. It would go until it ran out of tracks maybe? Idk, that might be far-fetched though. Give me what you think.

This does sound quite far fetched. Let's wait to see what KillerShadow115 thinks of it.

Can we please make an attachment to modify terrain from within a vehicle? It’d be nice to be able to ride in the buggy and make roads across the map rather than walking back and forth.

Also the programs I use is Maya 2018, Z brush, substance painter/ designer, and photoshop. (gave up blender for the industry standard which it Maya.)

thats on the flora idea thread- for what he uses

On 1/23/2019 at 6:30 PM, Astrofun said:

Also the programs I use is Maya 2018, Z brush, substance painter/ designer, and photoshop. (gave up blender for the industry standard which it Maya.)

thats on the flora idea thread- for what he uses

saw that :D

On 1/21/2019 at 8:56 PM, Frank Parent said:

Can we please make an attachment to modify terrain from within a vehicle? It’d be nice to be able to ride in the buggy and make roads across the map rather than walking back and forth.

Have you tried the Drill Head?

Yes yes yes! 

I was thinking about how useful this would be the other day, I'd love to build a train into a cave system and then be able to send resources/researches back to base quickly from an underground station!

i completely second this idea! i hope that it will be implemented in the future or maybe it will be a mod!!! kudos for your hard work!

1.0 SPOLIERS!!!

In 1.0 new alien structures are added that once activated can be used to teleport between them while you cant teleport your vechiles you can still teleport resources

12 minutes ago, Astrofun said:

Why does that belong in this thread?

because it adds a new easy way to transport items long distances in a short amount of time which is the goal of the train

i think this will be a very use full vehicle in the game as when i use roves you allays have to worry about the power even in late game.

I was wondering... if systemera looks at these posts (or at least the pinned ones) do they give confirmation or cancelation notices to the threads? Would, one day, SES-joe look at this and say YA or NA? Has this judgment been made already?

I was bored in science class today so I whipped this up in TinkerCAD (it’s a web-based mobile CAD software.) you can’t change the color of stuff in this program, so this isn’t the color I wanted it to be. Anywayses, here you go

BA1944B0-D30A-4724-AD0D-2F4EA837A540.jpeg

719C8E8D-2DE1-49D0-B735-3B4190E3169C.jpeg

43802DE6-1408-4E59-A004-62E879C83BB1.jpeg

85146EDB-1DA9-4FBB-A72F-394E10C38B16.jpeg

I think the monorail concept is closer to something I could see them using the The Future(tm). Another application could be as a mining support cargo hauler.

Edited by Bomoo

On 2/11/2019 at 3:38 PM, Astrofun said:

I was bored in science class today so I whipped this up in TinkerCAD (it’s a web-based mobile CAD software.) you can’t change the color of stuff in this program, so this isn’t the color I wanted it to be. Anywayses, here you go

BA1944B0-D30A-4724-AD0D-2F4EA837A540.jpeg

719C8E8D-2DE1-49D0-B735-3B4190E3169C.jpeg

43802DE6-1408-4E59-A004-62E879C83BB1.jpeg

85146EDB-1DA9-4FBB-A72F-394E10C38B16.jpeg

cool concept! I might try that out, TinkerCAD.

On 2/5/2019 at 12:31 AM, Astrofun said:

I was wondering... if systemera looks at these posts (or at least the pinned ones) do they give confirmation or cancelation notices to the threads? Would, one day, SES-joe look at this and say YA or NA? Has this judgment been made already?

me too

On 2/12/2019 at 6:06 PM, CopperyMarrow15 said:

cool concept! I might try that out, TinkerCAD.

it is not good, but easy. i did that on an Ipad, which would make most 3d designers cringe. it is quite fun to mess with once you get the controls. all you need to do it is internet access and an email, which is nice

I think the monorail system is good, but only if you find some unlimited, or some very rich resources, once you harvest the surroundings, you have to move on. Ofc, you can continue build your train system...it woild be nice, if you build theis monorail system, build a real train, like 3-6 "trailer" and you coul dbuild a mobil base on it. Like the Snowpiercer. Using the necessary buildings on the train, even maybe it can build its own track, if it has the resource for it.

Awesome concept, and you have put so much effort to communicate it... great work, mate!

I have a suggestion: knowing all the problems that the visible surface of the land is giving, as swallowed vehicles, resources, platforms and even players... Do you think a levitation train would fit to your idea? Perhaps it could be based on mobile platforms that levitate a meter above the surface, carrying their load between two stations

22 hours ago, Astrofun said:

it is not good, but easy. i did that on an Ipad, which would make most 3d designers cringe. it is quite fun to mess with once you get the controls. all you need to do it is internet access and an email, which is nice

I do not have a bulky enough computer for most of the real 3D software. I used 3D Builder for the Flora Idea thread. :D

Edited by CopperyMarrow15

I think the train would still be useful because it would be the Easiest/cheapest way to get to the big purps on the surface (or the center ones too)