Sign in to follow this  
Johnnybrine

Mulitplayer major issue

I purchased 4 games for our family.  We play in the same house with 4 PC's.  We were able to connect very easily at first through steam invite.  All four PC's were connected.  After about an hour two lost connection and could not rejoin the host.  I tried to uninstall, reinstall, remove all security software, reboot.  After all that I was able to get one computer to connect.  After another hour we lost all the computers except the one I was able to reconnect after reinstalling the game .  Tried the same process to reinstall etc... on the other computers and after a week they still will not connect.  The only computer that still connects will now only work one way.  If I try to switch hosts we will get the "failed to connect".  The strange thing is the slowest computer we have is the only one that can host and even then only one other computer can connect.  I have tried everything I can think of.  Checked all the network settings and cables.  Reinstalled the game on all computers.  Disabled all security software.   We play a lot of lan and online games all together and never have connection issues.  There is some issue with the multiplayer on this game.  Since it does work for a short time there must be something the game is doing that locks out certain connections after a time.  At first I thought it might be the save game, but the connection error persists even starting new games.  I have tried to connect in every combination I can between the 4 PC's and only the two rigs can still connect and again only one way.  Any ideas what might be going on here?

This very old problem. The game is unplayable or bugged in multiplayer from the start of sales. I recommend you to wait until the dedicated-server patch which is promised to be in February or March. 

Edited by Mirosya