DemainaNyx

Toggle Augments

I find myself using the inhibitor augment to remove stalactites and stalagmites while in a cave, and then immediately removing it so I can actually mine out the ore near by.  Same with other augments, but not as obvious as with the inhibitor one.  Having the ability to toggle this feature would be nice instead of having to open my back pack each time to swap out these augments.  Additionally, a way to store multi augments without cutting into backpack space would be nice, and might work with this feature well (maybe add a augment storage researchable).

My first thought is using the R key, since currently it isn't bound to anything.  Maybe if you tap R, it brings up a menu similar to the research menu, and then we can used WASD or mouse wheel to select what we want equipped or not.  Equipped ones would take up the slots on our gun, and unequipped ones would go into this storage bin that maybe takes up a slot in your backpack (or add another pull our like with the research one once unlocked).

Edited by DemainaNyx

On 2/4/2018 at 5:55 PM, DemainaNyx said:

Having the ability to toggle this feature would be nice instead of having to open my back pack each time to swap out these augments. 

That's actually a good idea but for myself I'd prefer the ability to just turn them off without removing them off the deform tool. You could use the existing key that activates the deform tool but instead "Press and Hold" that key and it will bring up a small icon with arrows that will let you turn on or off the augments you want. Here is a example.

zkZ0F8W.png

Yes, that would be very helpful. I doubt many people consider swapping augments back and forth between backpack and deforming tool "interesting gameplay".