GandalfObama

co-op
Co-op joining problem

14 posts in this topic

Me and my friend started a coop game after 30 min is game crashed so the the server was taken down
my friend log back in but when i try to join him it took me back to the character selection and i can't choose a new character and im stuck on the screen
now i can't join my friend :/

sorry for bad english

Edited by GandalfObama

Supposedly the game doesn't handle it well when you join on your own accord. I recommend to have your friend invite you instead, so you can join through the invite. Mind, I did not test that, this is information based on feedback.

Edited by Wyvyrias

I can join one of my friends regardless of invite - two other friends, I cannot join no matter what, they can't invite, and they can't join 

From my experience with the whole coop joining thing (Which is only like 3 hours of crashes and disconnects lol) it always pays to make sure the person you're joining has fully connected and loaded. Then join them from steam (Sorry don't own an xbox). When the game loads up there should be a house symbol on the planet.  Then click launch, or hit the Enter key as sometimes the button click doesn't work. Hope this helps? :)

We had made 3 players join on one build and it worked for about 2 days . Now it will not connect at all to the other two players. would love to play this game with others but not if i cant join others.

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Wyvyrias said:

Supposedly the game doesn't handle it well when you join on your own accord. I recommend to have your friend invite you instead, so you can join through the invite. Mind, I did not test that, this is information based on feedback.

As far as my experience u don't need a invite all u need is them to be ur friend and the game is also cross platform

try the following :

1) load saved game from host machine and stay in habitat ( do nothing )

2) try join from first client machine and stay in capsule habitat (do nothing )

3) try join from second client machine 

P.S. Client machine trying synhronize world with host machine in join procedure. When player on host machine doing anything (changing langscape or so) , synhronize process takes a lot of time and joining procedure fail on timeout. 

Can't really help much with this except to say, ping is everything.  Try to play with friends who are local to you, irl, make sure your firewall and anti virus are setup to allow Astroneer as an exclusion.

Then all that's needed is for your friend to be playing and you should be able to join his game directly, no matter where they are.  I've joined games in the past, where people were on different planets etc.

Only thing I've noticed is that when you're on the right screen, there's no saved games on the right hand side of screen.   If you have that, you're connected, if there's saved games, you didn't connect.  And it's the act of connection that seems to be the main issue right now, the main bug if you like.  That and continuing to hold a connection without timing out.

They're working on.. if you can't get in now, patience young grasshopper.. patience.  In due time.

Hello,

I'm on Xbox One and have some connection issues but it does not stop me from playing so this is more informational. About a month ago a friend and I started playing Astroneer. He hosted the first game and I was able to connect with no issues. We played for a while and I can't remember if it crashed or we just quit after a while but ever since then I can not join his game. I doesn seem to matter if it is the save or a new one, I can't join his game or accept his invite it just stays on the main screen with my saves. I however can host new and saved games and my friend can join with out an issue. While playing we have crashes but can restart as long as I host without problem.

The only other issue I have noticed is that I get some lag hosting and that may be more due to internet connection and not game issue. If I play solo the game is really smooth and fast but as soon as my friend joins i slow down some but not enough anymore to cause problems.

I do want to say I love the game so far and can't wait to see what comes in the future.

Thank you,

Currently unable to get multiplayer working with xbox app on windows, spent a few hours now with nothing to show...

Multiplayer is unplayable with current patch (196) anyway. Waiting for next patch.

Ahh that could be the issue... Did manage to get one person in my game but only for 5 mins before they dropped out each time. Just signed up to the newsletter so i guess ill be notified for new patches...