SES_joe

The "Basebuilding Update" - February 22nd, 2018

Ok another bug. I think I read something about it somewhere else. Using a small generator and sometimes it provides power to the rover and sometimes it doesn't. Got stuck in a cave and the dang thing won't power the rover so I can get out. Using organic plant life to fuel it.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, Blind Io said:

You can use L2 to use the cursor without the backpack!

Thanks for the tip Blind, it makes the game much easier to play with the Xbox controller!

On 3/1/2018 at 5:15 AM, Pizza Man said:

... I figured out I need to hit the Y key to bring up the backpack and cursor, then use the cursor to select either the arrow key or the activate key to make the item...

It's even simpler than that.

When you bring up the back pack, you can use the left/right buttons on the D-Pad to go through the items, then press the A button to make it. No cursor needed. :)

with big updates, come a lot of bugs. But i never saw one of these. The only problem that is annoying me it's The server delay.

I can't get into the game when selecting my current save. The game crashes and closes. If I choose a new Astroneer the game starts fine. Any ideas? Sure hate to have to start all over after 120 hours of base building and exploring.

pbartbar, I think your save is doomed. :/ SES warned that the Basebuilding update was a big one, and in fact its clear that with all the buildings you've created in 120 hours , its pretty difficult for the game to auto-change them to fit in the new base system (platforms and boxes).

43 minutes ago, Ferendris said:

pbartbar, I think your save is doomed. :/ SES warned that the Basebuilding update was a big one, and in fact its clear that with all the buildings you've created in 120 hours , its pretty difficult for the game to auto-change them to fit in the new base system (platforms and boxes).

All the 120 hours of game play and base building was done after the update. I started over completely once the update came out. Guess I'll just have to start over again because apparently my save is corrupted.

120 hours after the release some days ago? Damned. Its not that then. Make sure to create a Bugs and Help topic with all the intels you've got about it. 

Not sure if this was mentioned. Solar panels on the front and rear of rovers are always facing down. both on Xb1 and Steam pc. Not sure if this was mentioned. small Solar panels on the front and rear of rovers are always facing down. both on Xb1 and Steam pc. so therefore no charging with a full load. unless you park, pull, and connect them to charge. not sure if this was intended. as you can put a small generator on and charge that way still. 

Mineral extractor, is not auto feeding full containers into the internal storage. they just sit on the medium storage and wait for you to manually transfer them. it does auto-eject them tot he storage. 

Also. love that you can turn the small generators on and off. as well as have a feed system setup with a fill tray of organic to continuously feed it. 

hey i love this update its. amazing maybe in the next few updates we will get a bigger rover bigger than the large rover

but all in all update is pretty sweet

I have been playing this game for the longest time, I can't even remember how long.  It was recommended to me by my Ignorant Men.  I have not stopped playing it since that day.  This game only keeps getting better and better.  Keep doing what you guys do and I guarantee this game will continue on it path to success.

On 3/6/2018 at 2:54 PM, Phoebe Harris said:

hey i love this update its. amazing maybe in the next few updates we will get a bigger rover bigger than the large rover

but all in all update is pretty sweet

@Phoebe Harris

Well, they did show off the monster rover in yesterday's vlog. So, you might just get your wish in the next update. At least, that would be nice. 

Big bug on exotic planets. If you are on a lot of trees, everything is slow at 3 frames per second.

Gros bug sur les planètes exotiques. Si vous êtes sur beaucoup d'arbres, tout est lent à 3 images par seconde.

XBOX ONE S

Edited by djdkdance

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Patek said:

Can you finally fix optimization and eliminate stuttering? This game is not playable.

I'm running it on a Lenovo Carbon X1. 2GHz, 8Gb Ram. Whatever onboard nonsense graphics card. I expect it to be a little ropey, but it's definitely playable.

5 hours ago, PedroAsani said:

I'm running it on a Lenovo Carbon X1. 2GHz, 8Gb Ram. Whatever onboard nonsense graphics card. I expect it to be a little ropey, but it's definitely playable.

What?! 
I'm playing on:

• CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965  3.42 GHz
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual X-Boost 3GB
  • RAM: HyperX 2x8GB DDR3 1600Hz 
  • Drive: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 6Gb/s SATA (ST1000DM010)

an it's stutters like hell! 

PS I don't believe you dude.

Edited by Patek

First, I don't think this thread is the right place to be reporting bugs or performance issues, but: Patek, I'm sure performance varies greatly with graphical options.  Pedro might be running at 720p with all the fancy extras turned off to get it "playable".  Your system looks to be about 4 years old, if I'm not mistaken, so you might not be able to get good performance with everything at max settings.

I'm on a 5-year-old GeForce 965M-based laptop and I get pretty good performance at 1080p, slowing only in certain situations, with most of the eye candy turned on.  (I'm not at the computer right now, so I can't quote exact settings.)  If you're having problems, try 720p and turn off a few effects, then work your way back up to extra bells and whistles once you get a solid framerate you're happy with.

27 minutes ago, Thw0rted said:

First, I don't think this thread is the right place to be reporting bugs or performance issues, but: Patek, I'm sure performance varies greatly with graphical options.  Pedro might be running at 720p with all the fancy extras turned off to get it "playable".  Your system looks to be about 4 years old, if I'm not mistaken, so you might not be able to get good performance with everything at max settings.

I'm on a 5-year-old GeForce 965M-based laptop and I get pretty good performance at 1080p, slowing only in certain situations, with most of the eye candy turned on.  (I'm not at the computer right now, so I can't quote exact settings.)  If you're having problems, try 720p and turn off a few effects, then work your way back up to extra bells and whistles once you get a solid framerate you're happy with.

It doesn't matter what settings do I have, low or high, stutters are the same.

1 hour ago, Patek said:

It doesn't matter what settings do I have, low or high, stutters are the same.

It is a better experience on my Xbox One X but I also play on a Toshiba Satellite S55t-B5233. I use the default settings and get occasional stutters but overall it is very playable.

Specs:

Windows 10 Home
i7-4710HQ @ 2.5GHz (4 cores / 8 threads)
16 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4600
World's slowest hard drive (My one complaint about this machine)

1 hour ago, Brooks Hagenow said:

It is a better experience on my Xbox One X but I also play on a Toshiba Satellite S55t-B5233. I use the default settings and get occasional stutters but overall it is very playable.

Specs:

Windows 10 Home
i7-4710HQ @ 2.5GHz (4 cores / 8 threads)
16 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4600
World's slowest hard drive (My one complaint about this machine)

Damn, so something is wrong with the game, not my pc. I can run more demanding games. I reported those performance issues, but they are silence. Maybe I should record it?

4 hours ago, Patek said:

Damn, so something is wrong with the game, not my pc. I can run more demanding games. I reported those performance issues, but they are silence. Maybe I should record it?

Yeah, a recording with the settings will help a lot in working out what is going on.

FYI, I'm running a 320x200 window with all graphics on medium. It's a lower fps than smooth, but it isn't choppy other than landing/take-off and exit/enter vehicles.