SES_joe

The "Basebuilding Update" - February 22nd, 2018

Arrrfffff......  8 o'clock pm in France and still not update on xbox one

I am like a child at christmass.... waiting and waiting.... checking every five minutes..... :)

Okay  - holding down the button for a second or so to do things is something I experienced from No Man's Sky, and is not something I enjoyed. I would like to be able to put "use" and "terrain tool" on separate bindings, rather than this delay-to-use deal.

Update is coming in RIGHT NOW! Baaam, I am so excited (Windoof, steam)

I have also been checking every 20 to 30 mins for the last 5+ hrs .... frustrated doesnt describe it .... I am a new xbox user ... got an xbox because 11 yr old twin daughters took over pc and really wanted to play this and subnautia mainly... but frust

rated because I don't know what time of day patches are usually available on xbox

#1 Merge

yippie finally got it

Edited by Wyvyrias
Merged posts

For all those not having got the update yet .... the game did not get better. It got awesome :D. Very very like the first (hour?) of playing! One feels way more like an explorer now from the beginning on due to the artwork, the flexibility, and the new system. Hammer time! Love it, absolutely worth to wait a week more than "expected". Well, I've only tried out some of the new features, I think (not read the update notes) and I am looking forward to see what else changed. Just ... very cool, proud of you gals and chaps!

Right well I tried the update with a friend for a couple hours just now. Mixed feelings tbh.

Good things:

• Movable base pieces are cool
  • The new habitat is cool, as it the free power you get with it
  • The new power cables are cool
  • Buttons having labels so I don't accidentally delete my researching unknown is cool

Few less good things though:

• Cannot at all get used to using E for things that used to be a click. Also feels a bit inconsistent with what requires E and what requires Q. Also makes the research thing way harder to open than it needs to be. In the end its just gone from accidentally opening up research while trying to close the backpack, to accidentally opening up research while trying to interact with things. Use and Interact could really do with being a separate bind tbh, especially since they seem to be mutually exclusive.
  • Power feels way waaay too slow now. A smelter is like 10 times slower than it used to be even with a medium and 2 small solar panels attached to it (small solars don't feel like they even do anything tbh). Just leads to tonnes of waiting around and makes it all feel grindy which isn't fun for me. The lack of internal batteries has made fabricated ones more important I guess, but that's just added more "essential" things that need to be unlocked with the initial tiny income of bytes.

Don't want to moan too much though as there's good things here, it just feels really slow now.

Edited by Jim

Anyone figure out how to create a large platform? All I get are the small ones. The only large platforms I have are the ones I created before the update.

Nice, but same game with a base build mod and skin job. 

So many controls!

Now with stuff falling through the floor. (New Save Slot)

Tethers now float and drift away, breaking connection! You die more often!

Yes it looks nice, but stop breaking to stuff that was working! 

Great job, SES! The extra week of waiting was worth it!

I've only played 30 mins or so, it feels a little strange to lay platforms anywhere I want instead of going along a very precise geometric layout but I'm sure I'll get used to it pretty quick ... :D

I also like the way the smelter works now and being able to feed raw ore continuously instead of processing by batches. Or interrupting smelting and being able to restart and not waste resources.

3 minutes ago, Jdude1 said:

best new feature...  5a8f5ab7721a4_bestfeature.thumb.png.f0f868851338f405cad0c0523a9ec392.png

getting this error as well. I'm sure I'm connected to the internet as well (Ethernet) and it just freezes at the splash screen for 10sec and throws the error. Tried restarting and reinstalling.

17 minutes ago, Evcentric said:

getting this error as well. I'm sure I'm connected to the internet as well (Ethernet) and it just freezes at the splash screen for 10sec and throws the error. Tried restarting and reinstalling.

typed "wsreset" and ran it to reset the store. Didn't even reinstall it, ran perfectly. Silly windows.

22 minutes ago, Jdude1 said:

best new feature...  5a8f5ab7721a4_bestfeature.thumb.png.f0f868851338f405cad0c0523a9ec392.png

Huh?

You're not installing Astroneer into OneDrive or something like that, are you?

My vehicle bay won't do anything. Plenty of power but it won't let me select to build anything.

Pros: can move and rearrange platforms. Fabricator can be placed on the Platform you want to build on(you still need to unpack it even though it shows the completed product.....Why) new free small platform just keep calling for your starting package keeps on giving (any other purpose for the landing pad????????) Now both generators auto feed themselves even when they are not needed(remember to turn those off)

Cons: Still no goals...(yah yah early access) things that used to auto load themselves like dirt in the sifter thing that now only grab 1 from the platform(not a storage trey) canisters now go into the small fabricator slot(for No reason) only to randomly go flying off. Shift clicking to pickup objects with a full inventory throws the item. the old habitat is still printable and still looks the same but no longer works as the control module for space craft(so why even let me build a second large storage trey if it makes the shuttle not function)

To Be Honest. the biggest con was this not going through an experimental faze before you made it part of the stable build. yes you wanted the streamers to show this stuff for sales but you showed people you willing to skip testing of updates in an early access game that we all payed to help test why bother having an experimental branch if your not willing to use it any more???????