Richard W.

Windows 10 - Startup crash every time I launch Astroneer

Hello,  

I need help with my Windows 10 (latest version) of Astroneer game. Every time I launch the game I see the startup logo of Astroneer then it goes to a blue screen for one second before the game crashes without any errors. The only fix I have found at this time is by uninstalling/reinstalling the game. Is there a patch/software update to fix this problem? 

Thanks,
Rich

Edited by Richard W.

I have a very similar problem where the game loads up the astroneer background and then gives me this message: ASTRONEER is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. But im using the account that i bought it on

Same for me.

We just bought it on Steam, but doesn't work.

Message from Windows Event Log:

<Event 
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-02-02T21:56:59.144625500Z" />
<EventRecordID>1273</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Astro-Win64-Shipping.exe</Data>
<Data>4.15.2.0</Data>
<Data>5a5fbad8</Data>
<Data>Astro-Win64-Shipping.exe</Data>
<Data>4.15.2.0</Data>
<Data>5a5fbad8</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>000000000000b863</Data>
<Data>c58</Data>
<Data>01d39c70af14a91a</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\Astro\Binaries\Win64\Astro-Win64-Shipping.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ASTRONEER Early Access\Astro\Binaries\Win64\Astro-Win64-Shipping.exe</Data>
<Data>948cd9b2-df42-4f79-9d8f-69666fbf4cd7</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

astroneer.failing.png

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have reinstalled the game from the Microsoft store three times now. Differences I have are that I have edited the engine.ini file as per several others sites have recommended, however, even when I clear that file I get the same results. A PC restart doesn't fix it, There doesn't appear to be a way to repair an app from the Microsoft Store. 

Here is the Event Viewer log as of this writing - Windows Logs\System

Unable to start a DCOM Server: SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_0.6.2.2_x64__ftk5pbg2rayv2!ASTRONEER as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
"317"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_0.6.2.2_x64__ftk5pbg2rayv2\Astro\Binaries\UWP64\Astro-UWP64-Shipping.exe" -ServerName:ASTRONEER.AppXmqqpgtj05x5y7d5w9psqyc34920dae92.mca

On 2018/2/1 at 2:08 PM, Richard W. said:

Hello,  

I need help with my Windows 10 (latest version) of Astroneer game. Every time I launch the game I see the startup logo of Astroneer then it goes to a blue screen for one second before the game crashes without any errors. The only fix I have found at this time is by uninstalling/reinstalling the game. Is there a patch/software update to fix this problem? 

Thanks,
Rich

See if your Windows 10 operating system installation meets the requirements ,if not , you need to reinstall the Windows 10 system.

On 2018/3/13 at 4:11 PM, Mallasty said:

See if your Windows 10 operating system installation meets the requirements ,if not , you need to reinstall the Windows 10 system.

If you're a novice, you need to know what you should to do before you reinstall? such as reset password and backup any files for your Windows 10 .

Edited by Mallasty

On 2018/3/16 at 3:15 PM, Mallasty said:

If you're a novice, you need to know what you should to do before you reinstall? such as remove password and backup any files for your Windows 10 .

It is necessary ,

Edited by Bamcer

Having the same problem. Tried all the usual items, uninstall and reinstall, verify files, restart steam, restart computer, run as administrator, etc etc. Also tried running it in both full and windowed with the same results each time.