Wyvyrias

SES Vlog 027 - A New Habitat!

I'm guessing this new habitat will be a one time use when first starting a game because of the sheer size of it compared to the old one. You'll probably won't be able to print it or it won't be attachable to the large shuttle. Basically once it touches down that's it, it's not moving. It should make for an interesting launch sequence from the space station, that will be something to see when they introduced it. Didn't seem any maneuvering thrusters on the side of it though. Here's a size comparisons between the new and the old, based on the size of the two storage slots.

LYh26DZ.png

One of the problems that I can see with this new habitat because of it's size, will be the landing zones on certain planets, some of these landing zones are puny. Especially on Exotic if you land in the Swiss cheese areas, they may need to be expanded.

As for the Q&A, most of these questions that Joe picked, weren't that interesting or even related to what's going on at the moment in the current game development. Talk about softball questions for Veronica.

But heck Joe, if you want a question for next Q&A, here is one for you. When are they going to fix the vehicle controls so it will operate like a vehicle? So when I looked left, I don't want it turning to the left, same when I looked to the right, I don't want it turning to the right when I'm holding down the forward key.

any idea when the next experimental patch goes live 

I love the new Animated Plant at 5:55..... cant wait to see it in game.......

On 01/02/2018 at 4:23 PM, KeeblerOrc said:

I love the new Animated Plant at 5:55..... cant wait to see it in game.......

Yes I did just click on 5.55.

:(

Not sure I see the point in asking questions that never really get anwered outside of "yeh we'll definately have that" and like soil.. more soil.. no thanks.  More fun.. yeh we definately want that!  ;)

I have a suggestion, Which, like in Subnatiica the game it has a habitat builder. If you do not know what that is search on you tube "habitat builder Subnatica". I think that would slove the issue of making different connections and habitats.

16 minutes ago, Андарсен said:

this month will be an update or in March to wait?

Yes. The first one. 

And here I was getting in a new years routine to expect a big update push on the 18th of every month..... :( Guess it only last a month!

Still love the look of the new hab..... but .... I feel the team missed an opportunity to use a section of the crashed wrecks that would have the added features of the new hab added to a standard section.... 

Doing such would really Segway into Wreck Recovery in Future Updates..... Ok..Ok..... It was just a passing Idea...........

No live stream insights, vlogs, or Q&A's since quite a while. Sad. Very sad. :)

I know they have better things to do than making videos and tease new things, but I always liked to see that stuff is going on and give some cookies to the community. But at the moment it is very silent. Hmmm ..

15 minutes ago, reto said:

No live stream insights, vlogs, or Q&A's since quite a while. Sad. Very sad. :)

I know they have better things to do than making videos and tease new things, but I always liked to see that stuff is going on and give some cookies to the community. But at the moment it is very silent. Hmmm ..

discord.gg/astroeer

We're getting leaks there every now and then.
There's also a recent post on their twitter. Aside from that, the update is so close, there's no point in showing much more.

Ah, thanks @Wyvyrias. Seems that I've simply overseen the twitch vid from last week, sorry :). But overall there was only little. Looking forward to the next update!