AstroBubba

Worms cannot be "opened" with the Crane & Drill Head?

The official Wiki suggests that you can use the Crane & Drill Head to "open" a Worm's bedrock nest to retrieve lost items, but that no longer seems to be the case (drill head has no effect on the bedrock).  Was this intentional, or just an oversight that will be corrected?

I'm a bit on the fence if the Worm should be a "Black Hole", or there be some way to retrieve lost items. Maybe a high-level research item like "Diamond Cutters" would allow it, but it means that you're probably just going wait 'till later to extract your revenge on the worm!  ;)

Dude, think you're in the wrong game forum. Minecraft has bedrock, not Astroneer. If you can cut through in Minecraft, leads to the void and death. Astroneer has no bedrock whatsoever. You can mine from one side of the planet to the other. Just gets weird near the core: no gravity. Have not seen any worms.... have seen some tunicates on Radiated, though.

2 hours ago, Truthseerguy said:

Dude, think you're in the wrong game forum. Minecraft has bedrock, not Astroneer. If you can cut through in Minecraft, leads to the void and death. Astroneer has no bedrock whatsoever. You can mine from one side of the planet to the other. Just gets weird near the core: no gravity. Have not seen any worms.... have seen some tunicates on Radiated, though.

I believe the worms he's talking about are the things on the radiated planet. The bedrock is what the worm mouth things are sitting in.

I don't think there is a way to retrieve the lost items. The wiki says to use the drill but I guess that does not work.

4 hours ago, Nootela said:

I believe the worms he's talking about are the things on the radiated planet. The bedrock is what the worm mouth things are sitting in.

I don't think there is a way to retrieve the lost items. The wiki says to use the drill but I guess that does not work.

Are we not calling them Sarlaccs anymore?

As far as I'm aware drills never cut through the sarlacc casing/outer area.  There's also a few random blocks that can form on the radiactive planet that you also can't dig through sometimes.   Lets wait and see what the rest of the game design brings before complaining about how it works.

My take is that worms/sarlaccs have a highly acidic digestive system and everything that falls in is lost forever. ;)