Sign in to follow this  
Mak-a-Face

Domesticating the Worms on Radiated

While exploring Radiated, I keep running into worms. So I was thinking maybe, it would be neat if you could feed them, stuff like artifacts, resources or even junk. And if the worm likes what you gave him, he could spit something out or if he doesn't like it, you could spit something at you showing his displeasure.

mkDyFcW.jpg

That's no worm, it's a Sarlaac... whatever goes in gets slowly digested over 1000 years. ;)

If this suggestion was implemented I can foresee a good end-game element: building an altar to it and pretending the Astroneer is giving it offerings. ;)

14 hours ago, Pi_ said:

That's no worm, it's a Sarlaac... whatever goes in gets slowly digested over 1000 years. ;)

These are just babies, so they really don't know what things taste like yet. And once you domesticate them, they will let you play with them. You will be able to jump into their mouth and they will spit you up into the air, just like a trampoline. This is where you can have fun with friends that don't know about this, by daring them to jump in. If your friend jump in, they will be eaten alive and you'll have a good laugh. :D

For me, I’d like to be able to use dynamite to get rid of them (worms) entirely when they are in they way. The same way you can eliminate the killer Flora species as needed.  It’s not realistic at all for them to survive 3 dynamite stacks.  After all, can these things really be invincible?

Worms don't even eat stuff, it just drops down into the bottom of their little holes.

But yeah it'd be cool if they did that, maybe like some Compound?

Or a random item each time?

I like the idea of some interaction with these beasts.  I'm fairly tired of falling into them while running away from a storm or running out of air.