Wolffereast

0.5.1.0 - Windows/Steam - Able to create large storage on a medium rover that already housed an open 1 seat

Summary:

I attempted to add a large storage unit to a train of two medium rovers and it did not attach correctly.

Description: 

I attempted to create a large storage unit to place on my medium rovers. I drove my rover train of two medium rovers up to the vehicle bay to attempt to create the storage unit and the bay did not show the unit on top of either of my rovers. Both rovers had one item on board, one a seat, the other a medium storage unit. I was able to put the resources into the vehicle bay and construct the large storage unit. It appeared on top of my lead rover, parked under the bay, on top of the seat. It looked to be properly seated, but I was unable to remove the seat that was underneath the storage unit. Then, when I finally found an angle that let me enter the seat, driving away left the storage unit behind. I don't know if I can reattach the storage unit now that it is unattached, so I think I will have to build a new one.

The uploaded image is of the aftermath. I didn't know it was an issue until it went sideways.

Platform:
Steam

Version / Build Number: 

Specifications:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
  • GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 TI
  • RAM: 32GB
  • Drive: ST1000DM003-1CH162

lrg_strg_mdm_rvrs.png

The bug is thet it let you build it the thing you did wrong is try and print it when there arent enough free slots on the rover it needs 4 connection ports to attach it that means fully empty medium rover or the 4 back or front slots on a large rover

Interesting, I would totally exploit this bug if there were some way to get base power connected to the large storage. Four medium batteries or four medium storages in only a slightly larger space than one of either would normally fit? Yes please... 

Granted, I could just connect a medium rover with a large storage attached to it, to my base and never actually use it to drive around, but it wouldn't actually "look" like part of the base, a base doesn't need wheels, yet...

Alright, recreated the issue. I am able to print a large storage unit on a medium rover when one of the slots was already taken. Images to follow

Step 1 shows the rover lined up to build another single seat.

Step 2 shows the rover lined up with the large storage unit queued

Step 3 shows the storage in progress

Step 4 shows the unit built on top of the medium rover including the cockpit

Step 5 shows me in the cockpit

Step 6 shows the large storage falling off as I drive

step1.PNG

step2.PNG

step3.PNG

step4.PNG

step5.PNG

step6.PNG