Sign in to follow this  
DarkPhosphorus

Power Prioritization

I think that there should be power prioritization, a sequence or order of base models that power flows to, or where it is connected to the base model first. This way, a player can avoid wasting power to complete a research when the sun is down, or when their power is limited. Then a player can use the power for base models like the printer, to print something of high priority before using all of the power on research. Along with this, I think that generators should only run when there is something that is missing power, to avoid wasting endless organics/coal when the power is fully recharged. This way, I can just put a bunch of organics on my generators when I need a lot of power, and not have them run when everything has full power.

The use of power / storage seems like such an interesting concept in this game, and once there is more than enough power to go around, there's no use for it. I think that some of the new content that may be added on later should require a LOT more power, which would spice things up a bit. Here are some ideas to find use for all of that power:

Processes that should require constant power:

Oxygen Production in Vehicles/Refill from Base

- For this to work, the main base model should have a visible oxygen tank, which is what the player starts out with, and uses to refill their tank. The more they refill, the more it uses, and constant power will be required to constantly keep the tank full. With this, a medium oxygen tank would be useful, so that if the base does run out of power, there will be plenty more oxygen to use up. This may be difficult or add a challenge with research since research also requires constant power. This may cause some difficulties with being away from the game without constant power to produce oxygen. For example, the player could suffocate simply because there is constantly no power. To fix this, sitting in the main base model (home) will not consume oxygen.

-I will edit and add more later, 

the oxygen tank that I am talking about is a larger one that is part of to the main pod, (which would explain where all the oxygen is coming from), and It would have about 32 or 16 times the amount on a backpack.

I it is built into the habitat or an upgrade to it but the first habitat starts with it just like DarkPhosphorus said.

I think this can come in when you set the difficulty.  Survival will mean the oxygen will be used up, normal you dont have to worry about it.

I like the idea it just uses power now and in the future uses water or some combination (many threads on this).  Having it on the habitat will also give it a purpose when bases become seperate.

the only issue is, what if the base did run out of oxygen? what then? In order to make this possible, the first base that the player makes should have unlimited oxygen like it already does, and if a different base runs out of oxygen, they will no longer be able to respawn there, and respawn at the original base. This way, the players will have to keep the oxygen running themselves once they explore new planets/landing sites or make new habitats.