So I noticed that several of the wrecks you can find aren't super useful, so I was thinking we could get a rover-mounted item (it would take up the same space as a Crane) [And be a Crane module, but it would be slower] that lets you recycle all wrecked satellites & ships into resources (based on the wreck, so some give Compound and Aluminum for example)

And being able to recycle the smaller debris (like a mini solar panel) or research them would be great too.

I both agree and disagree. It's a good idea, but I think it would be too easy and too tedious to just mount it on a rover and process it on site. I think it should rather be a base module the size of a small hangar, and you had to pull the wrecks within its area, and it would gradually process the wreck into resources, and you could go do other stuff in the mean time.

1 hour ago, Illmad said:

I both agree and disagree. It's a good idea, but I think it would be too easy and too tedious to just mount it on a rover and process it on site. I think it should rather be a base module the size of a small hangar, and you had to pull the wrecks within its area, and it would gradually process the wreck into resources, and you could go do other stuff in the mean time.

Yeah, a base module would be ideal. Until we get that massive rover, recycling on a rover wouldn't be the best idea. I think the idea of recycling is really cool, as the premise of the game is to survive on what you have, which fits the recycling idea. Once we do get the massive rover, it will basically be another base, so a recycling module on a mobile base would work. Nonetheless, I like the idea.

14 hours ago, Howlett said:

Yeah, a base module would be ideal. Until we get that massive rover, recycling on a rover wouldn't be the best idea. I think the idea of recycling is really cool, as the premise of the game is to survive on what you have, which fits the recycling idea. Once we do get the massive rover, it will basically be another base, so a recycling module on a mobile base would work. Nonetheless, I like the idea.

As far as I've understood, the massive rover was just a concept in the testing phase. Nothing about it, or anything similar being added is certain as of right now.

Still, considering modding support is a priority, I think it's safe to say we'll eventually see something like that in the game one way or another.

On 1/23/2018 at 4:11 AM, Illmad said:

As far as I've understood, the massive rover was just a concept in the testing phase. Nothing about it, or anything similar being added is certain as of right now.

Still, considering modding support is a priority, I think it's safe to say we'll eventually see something like that in the game one way or another.

Oh yeah, I know it's still in testing phase (literally just a 3D model at this point), but eventually it'll be added because it kinda has to with all of the updates coming our way. When it does, my idea should work, however.

On 1/22/2018 at 1:54 PM, Illmad said:

Well it can be a base module then and you'll need to use the Winch to drag the wrecks back. That would be better, but it'd have to be a bigger module than others (maybe like 9 of the current ones combined with a top-loaded feeder and a ramp or something)

Would make the winch actually useful too.

I would like more benefits to the wrecks. I posted this before, but I had read the large solar array (no doubt in an earlier patch than what I was playing) would give near endless amounts of electricity. Being tired of feeding organics to generators: I had set out to find the array when someone else told me it was nerfed and just worth a couple of medium solar panels.

Seems like a waste of objects in their current state. Some of those wrecks are very interesting, and could provide the random resources they already do (on some modules), but this would give them value at higher tech levels.

If the solar array did give more energy equal to the effort of dragging it back seems like it would be great. Giving more value to the wrecks in some form I think is highly needed.

Maybe the wrecks could be blown up with dynamite, and then drop as 'wreckage' (normal resource-sized items) which could be transported back to base and processed in the smelter. Wreckage items can be processed into every resource in the game, but it is randomized, and the more valuable the resource, the less likely you are to get them from the wreckage processing.

Or another possibility; they drop as research-pod-sized 'wreckage' items  that needs their own base module for processing into useful items.

I'm honestly more for the method of pulling the wrecks with the winch, but honestly I'd rather look for the resources I need underground or on the surface than go on a winch expedition. Either that or use the trade beacon. In order to make wreckage scavenging more appealing in the late game, the trade post needs to be nerfed. Maybe the items you trade should have their values adjusted to that particular item's rarity on whichever planet you're on at the time. I have a very easy time on Barren where Coal is abundant underground, and I can trade 4 compound or resin for just one of them. Base building on Barren is a joke as long as you have access to the trade beacon.

It's kind of a shame, as there are plentyful wrecks across the surface, as well as a very rover-friendly terrain. It needs rebalancing.

Edited by Illmad
maybe

23 hours ago, Illmad said:

Maybe the wrecks could be blown up with dynamite, and then drop as 'wreckage' (normal resource-sized items) which could be transported back to base and processed in the smelter. Wreckage items can be processed into every resource in the game, but it is randomized, and the more valuable the resource, the less likely you are to get them from the wreckage processing.

Or another possibility; they drop as research-pod-sized 'wreckage' items  that needs their own base module for processing into useful items.

I'm honestly more for the method of pulling the wrecks with the winch, but honestly I'd rather look for the resources I need underground or on the surface than go on a winch expedition. Either that or use the trade beacon. In order to make wreckage scavenging more appealing in the late game, the trade post needs to be nerfed. Maybe the items you trade should have their values adjusted to that particular item's rarity on whichever planet you're on at the time. I have a very easy time on Barren where Coal is abundant underground, and I can trade 4 compound or resin for just one of them. Base building on Barren is a joke as long as you have access to the trade beacon.

It's kind of a shame, as there are plentyful wrecks across the surface, as well as a very rover-friendly terrain. It needs rebalancing.

Yeah maybe.....I still think a scrapyard would be cooler but maybe that's just me wanting a base module that's bigger than all the others...

On 27.1.2018 at 6:53 PM, vizthex said:

Yeah maybe.....I still think a scrapyard would be cooler but maybe that's just me wanting a base module that's bigger than all the others...

I'm definitely not opposed to it. I really want to see bigger base modules be added to the game.

I'm personally hoping for larger house modules with interior and such. Maybe also some sort of crane module that we could use to assemble larger constructions manually.

On 1/25/2018 at 5:42 PM, FluxCap said:

I would like more benefits to the wrecks. I posted this before, but I had read the large solar array (no doubt in an earlier patch than what I was playing) would give near endless amounts of electricity. Being tired of feeding organics to generators: I had set out to find the array when someone else told me it was nerfed and just worth a couple of medium solar panels.

Seems like a waste of objects in their current state. Some of those wrecks are very interesting, and could provide the random resources they already do (on some modules), but this would give them value at higher tech levels.

If the solar array did give more energy equal to the effort of dragging it back seems like it would be great. Giving more value to the wrecks in some form I think is highly needed.

I agree, it only gives 4 Units/sec [Which is worth 1 bar/sec] (Mediums are 2 per) but should give 2 bars/sec like ti used to, as it's huge, hard to find and annoying to drag back (gotta unbury it and get a Winch, which needs Titanium)

On 1/28/2018 at 7:02 PM, Illmad said:

I'm definitely not opposed to it. I really want to see bigger base modules be added to the game.

I'm personally hoping for larger house modules with interior and such. Maybe also some sort of crane module that we could use to assemble larger constructions manually.

That would be cool. In the pre-alpha gameplay they had a drill too, that was cool but in the game's current state not useful (since deposits would be depleted fast) but if they re-added it and added large deposit versions of all the ores (which would require a drill platform to mine) and a conveyor system (like the ones I suggested for example) then you could build a stationary drill-base that you could get tons of stuff from!

And then you could recycle it after the deposit is depleted, using a scrapyard-esque mechanic.

But yeah, having modules you could walk inside would be cool (In the case of the Scrapyard though it would be so you could drive a Rover into it, which would need more space for the grinders)

Edited by vizthex