The Carbonater

Instead of having infinite oxygen on vehicles you should have to make oxygen tanks + more sizes of oxygen tanks.

It is my understanding that rovers habitats and shuttles have oxygen scrubbers built in. Thus giving them unlimited oxygen. Power is not unlimited however..due to limited cargo space and train size on rovers etc this would make it way more time consuming to get anything done and limit exploration. Rovers are by design able to traverse long distances thus allowing exploration and transport of cargo over long distances. We already have this technology in the real world. Why wouldn't we have it in a game like this. It is how submarines and astronauts breath...

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:27 PM, Gravy said:

It is my understanding that rovers habitats and shuttles have oxygen scrubbers built in. Thus giving them unlimited oxygen. Power is not unlimited however..due to limited cargo space and train size on rovers etc this would make it way more time consuming to get anything done and limit exploration. Rovers are by design able to traverse long distances thus allowing exploration and transport of cargo over long distances. We already have this technology in the real world. Why wouldn't we have it in a game like this. It is how submarines and astronauts breath...

I agree with The Carbonater that oxygen should function more similar to electricity. There should be larger oxygen tanks to affix to vehicles, base units, etc. to store reasonably large amounts of oxygen. I do like the idea of oxygen scrubbers which would produce oxygen, however, I'd think this should be a component that needs to be researched and crafted so it can be attached to your vehicle or base structures similar to wind turbine or solar panel. A scrubber should also consume some power and also have some mod points on it for additional modules such as filters, compressor, etc. which could allow it to be effective in toxic or hostile environments.