Recommended Posts

I was thinking of creating a recycling plant to get rid of small objects and recieving a fraction of resources like from generators, wind turbines, solar panels, etc.

My other idea would be creating a recycling compactor to get rid of larger parts like cranes, three seaters, and other large builds

i will be thinking of more ideas when i find opportunities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will indeed be handy to recycel of delet things

 

On 20.1.2018 at 6:22 AM, Joseph Pootoogook said:

I was thinking of creating a recycling plant to get rid of small objects and recieving a fraction of resources like from generators, wind turbines, solar panels, etc.

My other idea would be creating a recycling compactor to get rid of larger parts like cranes, three seaters, and other large builds

i will be thinking of more ideas when i find opportunities

It's indeed handy becaus if you have a lot of thing you game will lag. recycel or delet will be handy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to recycle old components as much as you do but there is one problem.

Let's say recycling gives back 50% (or 25%) of the resources used to craft the item. We'd end up with fractional pieces of copper, aluminium, etc. and they could become a hassle to store, manage and recombine into full ingots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Eoghan said:

I'd like to recycle old components as much as you do but there is one problem.

Let's say recycling gives back 50% (or 25%) of the resources used to craft the item. We'd end up with fractional pieces of copper, aluminium, etc. and they could become a hassle to store, manage and recombine into full ingots.

you could put it in liquid form than in a container and make a machine witch can reform it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 10er said:

you could put it in liquid form than in a container and make a machine witch can reform it

Are you familiar with the expression "the solution is getting bigger than the problem"?

We may recycle a few small items printed with the backpack and then the machine would sit there and do nothing. And that machine would probably cost more than the resources it reformed. How do we recycle it? That's getting too Inception-like, my head is hurting.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for replying.

My idea would be putting the item onto a pedestal (free space/storage) and let the recycler show the percentage of what it would turn into.

An example would be: If I put on a wind turbine on a free space (at the minumum, 4 free spaces) of the entrance of the recycler, it would show 50% of aluminum and it wouldn't approve of making the aluminum ingot, putting on another wind turbine onto the other free space to make it 100%, then the recycler would approve making the aluminum ingot, then I would press a button and it would make the aluminum ingot and it would pop out the back.

The best visualization would be that of the mineral extractor, although instead of using soils, it would hold placements of materials.

It wouldn't hurt if the free spaces were on top or inside the recycler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think that this is a good idea, it is an additional aspect of the game that extends its capabilities, also to build a base.
I think that the recycler should be more efficient than the mineral extractor. Ground is everywhere. Parts should be sought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2018 at 11:22 PM, Joseph Pootoogook said:

I was thinking of creating a recycling plant to get rid of small objects and recieving a fraction of resources like from generators, wind turbines, solar panels, etc.

 

On 1/21/2018 at 9:36 PM, Eoghan said:

Let's say recycling gives back 50% (or 25%) of the resources used to craft the item. We'd end up with fractional pieces of copper, aluminium, etc. and they could become a hassle to store, manage and recombine into full ingots.

    I still think it's a function that could be simply added to the trade platform, with small item's trade value being equivalent to the resources used to create them. Small solar = one copper, small wind = one aluminum, small generator = one compound, etc. This would only work for small modules though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Aevirok said:

 

    I still think it's a function that could be simply added to the trade platform, with small item's trade value being equivalent to the resources used to create them. Small solar = one copper, small wind = one aluminum, small generator = one compound, etc. This would only work for small modules though.

Nice concept, but wouldn't it be a little too much when we use one small battery for one lithium? or for something in the future coming along that needs one titanium and in return getting one titanium? to me, it would feel like a glitch just to get one ingot from something small, i'm up for any discussion to solve this idea of getting ingots from small items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Joseph Pootoogook said:

Nice concept, but wouldn't it be a little too much when we use one small battery for one lithium? or for something in the future coming along that needs one titanium and in return getting one titanium? to me, it would feel like a glitch just to get one ingot from something small, i'm up for any discussion to solve this idea of getting ingots from small items.

    If I'm understanding you correctly, I would point out that you wouldn't be able to trade one battery for one lithium, essentially recycling it for it's resource component at a 100% rate. 

    This mechanism would give the item being traded the same "trade value" as what was used to craft it. Everything trades at a loss. https://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Trade_Platform (info may not be current, but I think it is.) You would have to trade two small batteries (trade value equal to two lithium) for one lithium (pointless, but just using it as an example), or two small batteries for one titanium. Or maybe a better example might be that you could trade four small wind turbines for one lithium/titanium as these would normally cost you four copper/aluminum. Does that make more sense? It wouldn't be a straight trade, as it already isn't a straight trade with the current mechanics of the Trade Platform.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aevirok said:

    If I'm understanding you correctly, I would point out that you wouldn't be able to trade one battery for one lithium, essentially recycling it for it's resource component at a 100% rate. 

    This mechanism would give the item being traded the same "trade value" as what was used to craft it. Everything trades at a loss. https://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Trade_Platform (info may not be current, but I think it is.) You would have to trade two small batteries (trade value equal to two lithium) for one lithium (pointless, but just using it as an example), or two small batteries for one titanium. Or maybe a better example might be that you could trade four small wind turbines for one lithium/titanium as these would normally cost you four copper/aluminum. Does that make more sense? It wouldn't be a straight trade, as it already isn't a straight trade with the current mechanics of the Trade Platform.  

I think I see what you're saying, yes i want to use the recycler to give a specific ingot at a certain cost for the material.

I'm also saying my plan to have a recycler wouldn't Need to be specific of my idea, I do like to play games that give both benefits and trade offs, if the community says that they want to have Only benefits From the recyclers, I will stand down my side of the discussion and let the players have what they want.

The only thing I want the developers to know is that I want to have a recycler in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

    Ya know, I owe you an apology, Joseph. I probably should have created my own thread. You had an idea. It wasn't a bad idea at all. It's one I totally agree with in concept.

    I come in and am like, "I think it would be better to do it like this, blah, blah, blah. Totally hijacking your thread. I didn't mean for it to seem like that. It was just about discussing the concept, but reading it back, it seems I was kinda rude, even if unintentionally. My apologies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Aevirok said:

    Ya know, I owe you an apology, Joseph. I probably should have created my own thread. You had an idea. It wasn't a bad idea at all. It's one I totally agree with in concept.

    I come in and am like, "I think it would be better to do it like this, blah, blah, blah. Totally hijacking your thread. I didn't mean for it to seem like that. It was just about discussing the concept, but reading it back, it seems I was kinda rude, even if unintentionally. My apologies. 

It's alright.

I know my idea doesn't Sound great when it has setbacks, but as long as we can get a recycler or a recycling compactor (for the bigger objects), whether having benefits and trade offs or just having benefits, I'll be happy.

I've also thought about your idea, it would be better to have the small items recycled and give the ingot it was made for (solar panel = copper, wind turbine = aluminum, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now