JargonJC

JargonJC's Big List of Infrastructure Addition Suggestions

Anyone have a hankering for a space-age industrial revolution? I do! So, I've compiled a big list of items to help bring Astroneer to the next level of infrastructure. Enjoy!

1. Rocket Drone

• The Rocket Drone is an interplanetary ship that can deliver Materials and other items between planets. When launched, they will fly to in-range vehicle bays or enter planetary orbit. When in orbit, they can be told by the nearest Controller Platform on the planet they are orbiting to fly elsewhere, as long as it has fuel. It has the capability to release Orbital Satellites.

2. Orbital Satellite

• The Orbital Satellite is a planetary scanner. Once in orbit of a planet, it collects data and sends it back to the nearest player base. This data can be used to pinpoint spaceship wrecks or indicate where mineral-rich areas are. When in orbit, the owning player will have a passive income of 75-250 Bytes, depending on the size of the planet.
  • The Orbital Satellite must be built out of several expensive components and launched via Rocket Drone or Shuttle.
  • To upgrade and refuel the Orbital Satellite, enter planetary orbit and dock with it. The Satellite has two augment slots and one fuel port.
  • The Orbital Satellite's Augments can improve its abilities such as make its data more accurate

3. Control Platform

• This new base platform module partners with the Satellite Data Array Platform to control and instruct Rocket Drones and Orbital Satellites. When activated by the player, the Solar Map is shown and 2 Autonomous spacecraft such as Orbital Satellites or Rocket Drones are displayed. This can be expanded up to 8 spacecraft via the Satellite Data Array.
  • This Platform can be used without a Satellite Data Array Platform or Dish, but actions require longer to communicate to spacecraft.

4. Satellite Data Array Platform/Dish/Server

• This device is an infrastructure staple In order for improved performance of all network-related items. The Platform adds +60% Network capacity to any connected Control Platforms (+4 Spacecraft Tracking). SDA Dishes add +15% Network Capacity and if mounted to the player's backpack, enables a surface mini-map if at least one Orbital Satellite is in orbit and able to make a Line-Of-Sight to the player's dish.
  • Servers are 2-slot base-attachable items that come from the large Printer. They add storage capacity for Orbital Satellite data, which can then be deciphered and show where wrecks or high-mineral content is. This is essentially a variant of the research/bytes system.

5. Geodomes and Habitats

• Geodomes are base extensions that allow you to take shelter from storms and work in peace. Big enough for 2 fully-built base platforms, they would essentially look like this. The GeoDome Habitats are built from placing 1 compound and 1 titanium on a base extension. They have 4 internal 2-slot attachment points to put items like Medium Batteries or Storage on.

6. Reinforced Tether Pylons

• Reinforced tethers are large, tall structures that have the capability to also transmit power and items. Printed in sets of four from a base platform printer, these pylons have 6X the range of normal tethers and have 4 attachment points, allowing them to become solar-equipped or even windmills. They are set into the ground like Habitats. Rovers and Trucks are able to connect to Reinforced Tether Pylons to charge or transmit items.

7. Transmission Tubes

• Transmission tubes are a new item that can connect bases and move resources. They can be strung on or under the ground, or hung off of Reinforced Tether Pylons to stay out of the way of Rovers. They even move Research

8. Hydrazine Tank and Hydrazine Hose

• A Large hydrazine tank which can be printed. It occupies 2 slots and has a capacity of 25 Hydrazine Canisters. If mounted to a Hydrazine generating device, it will fill off of its labor. The Tank also has a hose that will try to auto-connect to nearby shuttles, much like base parts attach to Rovers and Trucks.

That's all I have for now, folks. I realize that some of these may be under sub-categories of the roadmap, but my star ideas are 1-5 in my opinion.