Sign in to follow this  
Bubbabbear

Making Space Stations

I believe it would be really fun to be able to make space stations. It could add so much more to the game and here are some of my ideas. 

• To make one you would need a station habitat (like the habitat but made for orbit). This station habitat will always have a docking port open for your shuttles.
  • With the trade platform, you should be able to send resources to your stations. To make this balanced, the range of the trade platform should be limited to the amount of hydrazine you put into it.
  • The jet pack idea could be implemented with this to allow for movement in space. To make it so you don't fly off into space the first time you make a station, the station should be able to directly supply you with fuel when tethered. (If you ever do get lost in orbit out of fuel, a suicide option should be available. Your shuttle should be able to rendezvous with your dead body)
  • A cargo shuttle (or huge shuttle) should be made in order to take the station habitat into orbit for it should be classified as huge module. That is one purpose of it, for it does act like any other shuttle (although less efficient so that it is not your go to shuttle for exploring, but great for base starting).
  • Stations should be able to very slowly but constantly generate bytes with a new research module that doesn't need research samples (it would still take lots of power per module). 
  • All station specific parts would be classified under a new tab in the research catalog. These station parts can only be fabricated inside the cargo shuttle or built on the station using resources brought in from the trade platform.
  • Much more stuff to come (Please add onto my list; I can't think of everything)
Edited by Bubbabbear

These are just ideas for the space station idea mentioned at the "CONFIRMED FREQUENT SUGGESTION, BUT NOT WORKED ON AT ALL" part of the frequent suggestions thread. 

No need for suicide button becuase of lack of oxygen

but I am liking all of your ideas

Edited by Rebelord

maybe you could have a lifeline witch could be extended with tethers and would stop you from floating in to space.

Also, in the future you could build gigantic shuttles witch would fly you to different solar systems .