You guys should add the ability to make a city on the planet,  we already have the ability to build anywhere so we and use habitats and make little power areas for the cities

Edited by Wyvyrias
Changed title

Populate it with lifelike mannequins you can interact with in an attempt to thwart the insanity of solitude constantly gnawing at your consciousness? 

8 hours ago, Aevirok said:

Populate it with lifelike mannequins you can interact with in an attempt to thwart the insanity of solitude constantly gnawing at your consciousness? 

#whenyouhavenofriends

(plz don’t take that into offense)

#mannequinbesties

It would need to be a single player only option I think. lol

It was actually a joking reference the the movie "I Am Legend" staring Will Smith.

No worries though. I'm not generally looking for reasons to be offended. I usually take everything as a joke. Even when it's not. Gets awkward sometimes. :)

if we took all these exposed modules and put them into domes, we could build a bigger, more astroneer -friendly environment for doing stuff in. you could have a garage, a biodome for plant research, a star-dome for studying the skies and mapping the planetary movements..... your astroneer could move about outside of his suit (in a sort of jumpsuit like the guys on the ESS), then change into the suit when he goes outside.....

no, i'm not sure how it 'improves' the game, but given that the next scheduled update is meant to be a major overhaul of the base building mechanism, one might ask the same question of this also.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, FireStorm649 said:

Maybe add A.I civilians or something, They do nothing but walk around and do emotes

A cool idea, definitely - Build a settlement, and then AI colonists come, but if they are only decoration it is a niche thing that would soak up a lot of programming time for a small percentage of players using. Additionally, inevitably, more players would demand that they be able to find colonies that are already established, and  If they actually performed services for players it would branch dangerously near Minecraft (If you build a settlement, settlers will come), which runs the risk of a Notchless Mojang rearing up like a great Danish Vunderbeast slamming down the claw of litigious retribution for impinging on their gameplay style.  

So for lack of better words, doing so can potentially act as a frustrating tightrope.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:17 AM, Wyvyrias said:

But how would this add to the gameplay? What Are you going to do with empty cities?

Well for One Thing.... It would give Joe's Space Snail something to knock over and eat once in a while..........

On 16/01/2018 at 2:45 AM, Aevirok said:

The Nestene Consciousness could make sure they came to life, and were hostile too!!!

On 2/20/2018 at 4:02 PM, FACR Dwarfy said:

The Nestene Consciousness could make sure they came to life, and were hostile too!!!

lol Nope. Too difficult to implement hostile enemies that can move and attack the player, without giving the player a way to attack back. (No guns... well, no combat to speak of at all really, unless you count digging out the soil beneath a dangerous plant as "combat" I suppose. <I do not... lol.) This is fine, however, as it isn't the direction the developers wish this game to go. :)

^All of this is obviously a sarcastic joke.  Please don't lock the thread. lol

Nice reference by the way... lol

well, whats the point to make a city where you have vase amount of space?? i don't get it...unless building a factory complex for making something even bigger, thats a vaild point, there should be a balanced point if we should use AI to suppliant if there isn't enough player to operate the facility. or this game would turns into a kid friendly version of semi-fallout series tyoe of game.

On 27/02/2018 at 4:02 AM, Aevirok said:

lol Nope. Too difficult to implement hostile enemies that can move and attack the player, without giving the player a way to attack back. (No guns... well, no combat to speak of at all really, unless you count digging out the soil beneath a dangerous plant as "combat" I suppose. <I do not... lol.) This is fine, however, as it isn't the direction the developers wish this game to go. :)

^All of this is obviously a sarcastic joke.  Please don't lock the thread. lol

Nice reference by the way... lol

I’m somewhat of a mad whovian, along with the wife. To the point we had a Doctor Who themed wedding

how about making a building system, not on the planet but in the orbit? you could've launched a satellite into the orbit, and reach it with a shuttle, and print pieces and at the end you will be able to "walk" in it.

I HAS IDEA 

you could build a dome in which you can only build certain parts and its also were your DRONES (thats right drones) could recharge and repair from all that automation they’ve been work so hard at ?

this is not going to work due to the fact drones were denied, i recommend you to take a look at the denied part of the most suggested things.

making a dome (not necceserily for a city) that will surrend your base, starting from your habitat, and having lockdoors (another module to suggest) that will be safe inside and have no oxygen problem.