SES_joe

"Patch 0.5.1" - January 18th, 2018

Recommended Posts

Personal opinion. I'm not 100% with the new lighting. Seems a bit of indirect lighting was lost? Shading of curved objects seems a bit different too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Attention. after the update 0.5.1, my friend and I can not play on the network, because there is an error (Connection error in the session there are no empty seats) I hope you fix it !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, starionx said:

By the fact that the whole game is only 1.7GB in size. So yes... relatively speaking, it's a huge patch.

Go troll somewhere else.

yep, the game is only 1.7GB, but over time, and with the game being complete, the size of it will be much bigger than now, there are many things that still have to be improved, and we know that the graphics will also receive changes. however, we can say that this update was not one of the biggest.

(and let's be sensible, games around get updates that are 10x of it in general) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else experiencing laggy issues with 5.1.0 patch 4K xbox one x? I tried it at a lower res and it works fine, but I'm seeing screen degregation at 8bit, 10bit, and 12bit 4K.

Edited by Kenneth Upchurch
added relation to Patch 5.1.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get some folks like these latest updates.  They have killed the game for me.  The game is 360 different than it was at first.  A totally different game.  No longer fun for me.  I'd wager from the loss of posts here the game has lost the majority of it's players, likely due to two things.  These updates, and slow updates.  I'll try some new releases in the future, but my hours of endless play are probably no longer going to happen.  The game's just not that engaging any more.  It's boring and tedious now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Nargg said:

I get some folks like these latest updates.  They have killed the game for me.  The game is 360 different than it was at first.  A totally different game.  No longer fun for me.  I'd wager from the loss of posts here the game has lost the majority of it's players, likely due to two things.  These updates, and slow updates.  I'll try some new releases in the future, but my hours of endless play are probably no longer going to happen.  The game's just not that engaging any more.  It's boring and tedious now.

I am curious to know what you are finding problematic. Looking at your post history, it sounds like you are grinding a lot for research. Am I correct?

This does represent one of the issues with game development in general: You don't want to make a game too short, otherwise people lose interest quickly. The developers are concerned that the very first iteration of research (discovering new research with every chest discovered)  was simply too fast.

But making a game longer is not an easy task. Some mechanism must be put in place to slow things down. But that mechanism must be fun and not feel like "grinding." Sounds like they missed the mark with you, and I'm sure they're open to suggestions.

I should note that you shouldn't feel compelled to stick around while the research is going on - you can certainly be exploring and playing the game while the research is happening back at base. Unlocking can be done any time once you have enough data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nargg said:

I get some folks like these latest updates.  They have killed the game for me.  The game is 360 different than it was at first.  A totally different game.  No longer fun for me.  I'd wager from the loss of posts here the game has lost the majority of it's players, likely due to two things.  These updates, and slow updates.  I'll try some new releases in the future, but my hours of endless play are probably no longer going to happen.  The game's just not that engaging any more.  It's boring and tedious now.

Probably says this because you're bothered by how slow the game has to create things or to unlock new items now, right?

The new search system was very useful. It is much better to have him like this and therefore of the most income to the game.

And also has the new limitation of creation and smoothing of land that can only be made with containers filled with it. Actually, a lot of people did not like this, but it's something that's needed for a game development and difficulty development, do not you think?

If the game was up to now with the pre-alpha simplicity then that would be a problem. The game is no different, boring or annoying, but more difficult and productive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox one game.

I started a new game today and created my base underground. After a number of hours (and with the game being saved many times while entering/exiting the rover), I went to the game main menu and exited, and I then quit the game from the xbox menu. I was underground and standing next to my rover at the time. I just started the game up, and I was buried in the ground up at the surface. After a few seconds, the game just pushed me out of the ground (without me doing anything) and I was standing on the surface. Went back down to my base... my rover is gone. >:(

I had a look up at the sky to see if it was floating away (as has been reported by a number of players), but it is no where to be seen. Without saving, I quit the game from the xbox menu, then started it up again. Rover still missing. Pretty damn annoying. Luckily, I had unloaded everything off already.

Sigh...

Quick question. Using the alignment mod, you can smooth out the ground. Even if you're on uneven ground, you can get an initial smooth surface area when you create a module. How can you create a flat ceiling, if you've created you're own cave? It's always going to be rough when you dig it out. Am I missing something?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, starionx said:

Xbox one game.

I started a new game today and created my base underground. After a number of hours (and with the game being saved many times while entering/exiting the rover), I went to the game main menu and exited, and I then quit the game from the xbox menu. I was underground and standing next to my rover at the time. I just started the game up, and I was buried in the ground up at the surface. After a few seconds, the game just pushed me out of the ground (without me doing anything) and I was standing on the surface. Went back down to my base... my rover is gone. >:(

I had a look up at the sky to see if it was floating away (as has been reported by a number of players), but it is no where to be seen. Without saving, I quit the game from the xbox menu, then started it up again. Rover still missing. Pretty damn annoying. Luckily, I had unloaded everything off already.

Sigh...

Quick question. Using the alignment mod, you can smooth out the ground. Even if you're on uneven ground, you can get an initial smooth surface area when you create a module. How can you create a flat ceiling, if you've created you're own cave? It's always going to be rough when you dig it out. Am I missing something?

 

i never had those problems with items disappearing, or flying, but a lot of players had, and I think that when them fix this, probably we gonna have new gravity changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nargg said:

I get some folks like these latest updates.  They have killed the game for me.  The game is 360 different than it was at first.  A totally different game.  No longer fun for me.  I'd wager from the loss of posts here the game has lost the majority of it's players, likely due to two things.  These updates, and slow updates.  I'll try some new releases in the future, but my hours of endless play are probably no longer going to happen.  The game's just not that engaging any more.  It's boring and tedious now.

I have taken up The Sims 3 again. Great fun ? old car games like Need for speed hot pursuit 2... the graphic isnt super new but still good enough. And wow, I remember why I paid 450 kr for games ?????

 

Not to mention the wii mario games. Lit of fun in the archives.

Edited by Moonminer008

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 7:53 PM, starionx said:

 Went back down to my base... my rover is gone.

 

I eventually found my rover in some random cave tunnels under my base. 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the first run after the update.  The research panel only worked once.  after that I could only get it open using 'q'.  When I used 'q' to get the research panel open any button I hit instantly closed it and the backpack.  Then I couldn't click on the backpack to open it only 'q'.  This carried over through a game quit reload.  I didn't do a save at the capsule.  This is in a game created before the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed on Xbox One with regards to how you open and close backpack, as well as open and close the research catalog. Of course it goes without saying we don't have the keyboard shortcuts that PC users enjoy ;) so I can't speak to that. Insofar as returning to the "old way" of opening & closing the backpack, while having an altogether different button/stick press/other gamepad "maneuver" used to open the catalog instead (which is how many of us would like to see things done, simply because we've all grown so accustomed to using a certain button/keyboard shortcut to open & close the backpack during the pre-alpha period) nothing has changed on that front as far as I can tell. Still hopeful in that regard, as it appears to be something many players prefer (that's difficult to ascertain though, even when using tools such as polls to gauge interest and opinion, these instruments aren't without their issues and drawbacks).

While I haven't paid attention to games I have played, saved, and re-entered to know if the bug persists, I do know for sure there is a bug associated w/dying in game where, after you've respawned, there is a persistent "suffocating" message that overlies the habitat at least for the remainder of your gameplay. I run saved games across several GTs so I can't keep up with which saves on which GT I have died in and which I haven't (usually I'll end up dying in each one at some point, but I likely haven't reached a 100% mortality rate in all my new patch game saves...yet lol!). So I can't provide any meaningful data about the "suffocation" bug persisting past a save and re-entry, but if I see that occur I'll certainly report it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2018 at 5:01 PM, Kenneth Upchurch said:

Is anyone else experiencing laggy issues with 5.1.0 patch 4K xbox one x? I tried it at a lower res and it works fine, but I'm seeing screen degregation at 8bit, 10bit, and 12bit 4K.

Quick update to my last reply! It appears that any save that has an item floating appears to have degradation on the 4k. I created a new game and tried an existing game that had zero man-made articles in the air and no issues. If there are hot-fixes or patches added, one would recognize the impact and reset these articles to fall during any update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel like the change in the research is a making the challenge a bit less in the game it feels like the research objects give their bytes faster

and the new lightning system is too dark for my taste thankfully setting brightness to the max makes it feel like the old one but it changes a bit brightness in menus but thats not really a problem for me

and i feel like that bytes need a second use other than research unlocking that doesnt make everything easy but makes it so bytes are useful after you research everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it me braxton im game cridic so hello everyone at system era i have played your game for one week on xbox one and felling the game lacking in some area's so that hurt's you total score but if you adress these problom's i feel that astroneer has the potinchle to be just as pouler as mine craft yes mine craft now issue one geting around is no problom it fiding your way back that is the problem i feel add a map to the backpack would improve thing alot a map like simer to mine craft where players have to explore to unlock the hole planet map. issue two soil storage and ore storeage. and fule storage having a soil and fuil storage tanks would be nice and a ore storage depo  and shelter i find living in a hole in the ground unapealing and the charicters or space ? suits i have not seen a female one . issue three there are save bugs big ones you'll leave game after saving and lose all that progress.

then wind turbines dont turn in windstroms the the rovers will some time fly up in the air for no reason and when your driving somtime's the wheels come off the spaw back then landers i feel that there needs to be a biger one or maby a small cargo rockit added becases some planets have serten things. i would like to see the backpack and terrain tool setup to where o2 tanks batterys  just upgrade your main bar of power and o2 on the back pack so i can carry other stuff i need at the time the small lander sucks needs a over hall like fuil capasty i got stuck in space.

now storm codeing on other planets some storms have no durbens. over all astroneer is a fun challenging game i give it a E rating famly frindly and fun the age of 6+ very adictive and fun cant wait the next up date to score you guys again 3 1/2 star's to contact me text at [Removed] or by gmail [Removed] have a wonderful evning and thank you for listing 

 

 

 

On 21.1.2018 at 11:04 PM, Shadow Echo said:

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed on Xbox One with regards to how you open and close backpack, as well as open and close the research catalog. Of course it goes without saying we don't have the keyboard shortcuts that PC users enjoy ;) so I can't speak to that. Insofar as returning to the "old way" of opening & closing the backpack, while having an altogether different button/stick press/other gamepad "maneuver" used to open the catalog instead (which is how many of us would like to see things done, simply because we've all grown so accustomed to using a certain button/keyboard shortcut to open & close the backpack during the pre-alpha period) nothing has changed on that front as far as I can tell. Still hopeful in that regard, as it appears to be something many players prefer (that's difficult to ascertain though, even when using tools such as polls to gauge interest and opinion, these instruments aren't without their issues and drawbacks).

While I haven't paid attention to games I have played, saved, and re-entered to know if the bug persists, I do know for sure there is a bug associated w/dying in game where, after you've respawned, there is a persistent "suffocating" message that overlies the habitat at least for the remainder of your gameplay. I run saved games across several GTs so I can't keep up with which saves on which GT I have died in and which I haven't (usually I'll end up dying in each one at some point, but I likely haven't reached a 100% mortality rate in all my new patch game saves...yet lol!). So I can't provide any meaningful data about the "suffocation" bug persisting past a save and re-entry, but if I see that occur I'll certainly report it.

 

you do know you can hook up a key bord to you xbox right

 

Edited by Wyvyrias
Removed email and phone number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:49 PM, SES_joe said:

This is still in a similar place as last update. Zabir is working hard on ironing out some of the last authoring tools that the art team will use to create planets, biomes, and weather. The next step here will be generating one of the existing playable planets with the new system for testing!

If I'm reading this right... does this mean new planets will be coming? Im way too excited about watching this already amazing space game develop before my eyes. I love space!

 

 

Edited by Dustin Buckless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning

 

 Earlier game saves were not current before Release 5.0.  The same thing happened today when I signed in. The hard drive where the game resides has 237 GB of free space so this is not the problem. Oddly this has happened in the past, as now, just before I venture offworld.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, SkinHeadBaby said:

i feel like the change in the research is a making the challenge a bit less in the game it feels like the research objects give their bytes faster

and the new lightning system is too dark for my taste thankfully setting brightness to the max makes it feel like the old one but it changes a bit brightness in menus but thats not really a problem for me

and i feel like that bytes need a second use other than research unlocking that doesnt make everything easy but makes it so bytes are useful after you research everything

soon, the game will receive a lot of useful stuff where you can use those bytes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! All that I want to say that this patch is amazing, it added more fun experience for my friends and me! Thanks! Can't wait for other updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All those small generators just make me hope we get a way to grow organic somehow. Non-respawning plants just make me apprehensive of ever using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GTG3000 said:

All those small generators just make me hope we get a way to grow organic somehow. Non-respawning plants just make me apprehensive of ever using it.

Plants do currently regrow a bit if some are left over when harvesting. Farming is planned for after version 1.0 and we can expect to have more generators by then. 

You should only need 1 or 2 small generators to get started, then move on to solar and wind. Using many small generators is a very inefficient way to power your base! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, SkinHeadBaby said:

i feel like the change in the research is a making the challenge a bit less in the game it feels like the research objects give their bytes faster

and the new lightning system is too dark for my taste thankfully setting brightness to the max makes it feel like the old one but it changes a bit brightness in menus but thats not really a problem for me

and i feel like that bytes need a second use other than research unlocking that doesnt make everything easy but makes it so bytes are useful after you research everything

You post sometime different than I, but still quite similar.  I too think the "challenge" in the game has gone away.  Plus there is almost no "discovery" any more.  The idea of "who knows what you'll find" just made the game for me.  Now it's a byte grind, not quite the adventure it was before.  Sure the hunt for treasure was a bit of a grind, but it's pay off was far better than now.  FAR better.

And, I also agree 110% on the lighting issue.  I can understand darkness, but lights should have a lot more positive effect.  I liked the old light amounts before they changed it.  Now the game is gloomy and not nearly as fun to uncover and improve the planet.  The player should be able to light underground rooms extremely well.  Not the $1.00 flashlight lighting we get now.

Any work is and can be tedious.  Unless there is sufficient pay off.  And the last update remove most of that pay off.  While I can see a good use for the bytes system, replacing the adventure was not the best use for this idea.  I hope the developers go back to their roots and re-examine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.