time_trial

Megabyte Challenge

Finally finished. Think I'll take a little break from this game and go play something else until the next content update lands.

6 hours ago, time_trial said:

Finally finished. Think I'll take a little break from this game and go play something else until the next content update lands.

Congratulations on completing the challenge. B|

This challenge just really highlights the big issue with this change in the game. On the one hand it is good that you can pick what you can unlock. On the other, once you've u locked everything which doesn't take long, what is the point of racking up extra bytes?

11 hours ago, CodeIsBroken said:

This challenge just really highlights the big issue with this change in the game. On the one hand it is good that you can pick what you can unlock. On the other, once you've u locked everything which doesn't take long, what is the point of racking up extra bytes?

They stated in the patch notes that they hadn’t finished with the new research system, so it will change again. We are play testing this part of it. As they release more items that can be unlocked, then the old RNG system would have gotten more and more frustrating. In this new way we can continue to unlock more things and there could be other benefits to doing so after all are unlocked. And researching is mainly part of early and mid-game play, I don’t think they need to find a way to make it needed throughout a play through.