Sign in to follow this  
Greg R

XBOX Performance Issues

Not sure if this is a bug or just "needs optimizing" but I searched and didn't find anything on this topic.

I'm playing on an Xbox One S.

When I start a new game, it runs smooth and fast.  But after a while, after building modules, placing beacons, building vehicles, building other bases on Terra and other planets, FPS gradually drops to the point where the save is difficult to play.  If I start a new game, performance is back to normal and the game runs great.

I am assuming the game needs optimization but I don't know if its a something that happens to all Xbox players.

42 minutes ago, Greg R said:

I am assuming the game needs optimization but I don't know if its a something that happens to all Xbox players.

It's the same for all Xbox players at the moment, here are a few tricks I like to use in order to increase the frame rate;

1. Restart your game occasionally
  2. DON'T leave tethers behind, once you've fully exploded an area, pick them back up! 
  3. Try not to damage the planets too much. If you want soil, i'd recommend digging up the mountains above ground. (Not sure if this helps it, but I know mining up massive areas decreases FPS substantially.

I'm sure there will be many performance updates in the near future, but for now, we'll just have to wait patiently. You have to remember the game is still in Alpha.

20 minutes ago, Delboy said:

It's the same for all Xbox players at the moment, here are a few tricks I like to use in order to increase the frame rate;

1. Restart your game occasionally
  2. DON'T leave tethers behind, once you've fully exploded an area, pick them back up! 
  3. Try not to damage the planets too much. If you want soil, i'd recommend digging up the mountains above ground. (Not sure if this helps it, but I know mining up massive areas decreases FPS substantially.

I'm sure there will be many performance updates in the near future, but for now, we'll just have to wait patiently. You have to remember the game is still in Alpha.

Thanks for the tips!  I do restart the game and my Xbox pretty regularly.  I will try to remember the tethers and the damage part.

The Xbox One X is the issue, whilst the 4k HDR is stunning. Once you get to a reasonable sized base the FPS drops to unplayable and will crash regularly.

Hopefully terrain 2.0 will help this, but we really need an FPS adjustment option for the Xbox One X version.

Xbox one -Astroneer as you build more game fps drops to unplayable and along the way many times the game freezes then quits all together.

Rover flips over alot

wide tool causes fps to drop