Tscott713

Game lagged then it crash completely

Recommended Posts

I've only been playing the game for 10 days (XBOX one), but this happens all the time.

The game starts off fine, but as you start to build more modules, it slows down to a crawl (especially when you bring out the digging tool, by pressing X). I've only had it crash once because it becomes unplayable, and I just start a new game. It's worse when your base is in a 'grassy' area.

What I don't understand is why the slowdown occurs when you are in a completely different area (underground, other side of the planet etc.), away from all the built up modules.

The game has some seriously bad memory issues, and these need to be fixed before anything else gets added. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, starionx said:

I've only been playing the game for 10 days (XBOX one), but this happens all the time.

The game starts off fine, but as you start to build more modules, it slows down to a crawl (especially when you bring out the digging tool, by pressing X). I've only had it crash once because it becomes unplayable, and I just start a new game. It's worse when your base is in a 'grassy' area.

What I don't understand is why the slowdown occurs when you are in a completely different area (underground, other side of the planet etc.), away from all the built up modules.

The game has some seriously bad memory issues, and these need to be fixed before anything else gets added. :(

From watching some of the VLOGs and reading up on future development, it looks like Terrain 2.0 may fix a lot of these issues.

Not sure if it was Terrain 2.0, but I saw one of the guys working on a rendering fix that only renders what you look at, everything else whilst still existing effectively is not loaded until its needed. This should dramatically decrease the CPU and memory usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LittleBIGman said:

From watching some of the VLOGs and reading up on future development, it looks like Terrain 2.0 may fix a lot of these issues.

Not sure if it was Terrain 2.0, but I saw one of the guys working on a rendering fix that only renders what you look at, everything else whilst still existing effectively is not loaded until its needed. This should dramatically decrease the CPU and memory usage.

Wow... I hadn't even considered that they would be keeping everything loaded in memory. No wonder the poor old Xbox can't cope.

Maybe I need to trade up to an Xbox one X. xD

Edited by starionx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I was on Barren I could look down on Terran and see the markers for my base and all of the beacons & rovers that I'd left down there.  Keeping all of that in the memory seemed like a very poor use of resources. 

I'd much rather have a smoother flowing game and some longer space flights to load up only the local info that's on my current planet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2018 at 12:08 AM, starionx said:

Wow... I hadn't even considered that they would be keeping everything loaded in memory. No wonder the poor old Xbox can't cope.

Maybe I need to trade up to an Xbox one X. xD

I’m using Xbox one X and it’s even worse, looks amazing in 4K HDR, but game is crippled if you use to many tethers or have a large base

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LittleBIGman said:

I’m using Xbox one X and it’s even worse, looks amazing in 4K HDR, but game is crippled if you use to many tethers or have a large base

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now