Embrace平

Authoring tools/Workshop contribution?

Something that I would personally love to see in this game is some sort of authoring tools to create in game modifications or content such as planets. Being a content creator for other games this idea would be pretty neat, especially with the steam workshop being avaliable. This would be a long term goal since there are obviously much more important things to be worked on right now but I just wanted to see others opinions on things such as mods and user created content, even more so to see if the developers would support user created content.

Edited by Embrace平

The developers have said that they are all for mod support. I think I remember hearing them say in a stream something along the lines of "We want to make the game awesome first though."

I think they rightly don't want their game to depend on mods, especially this early.

That said, I'd love to see some type of world generator in-game. I'd absolutely love to fiddle with some settings and churn out cool planets to play on—reminds me of SimCity 2000's terrain editor where you could set a slider for trees and water and mountains and hit a button to randomly generate a map.