atesin

lightnings as risk and lightning rods as power source

hi ... i like astroneer

but storms are dull, only wind, could be more interesting with lightnings

storms are the only weather event in astroneer... i played planetbase time ago and i liked weather system, they have no flora or fauna but had 3 risky weather events that can also be turned into advantages...  storms (hurricanes), lightnings and solar storms

hurricanes = slows down colonysts walk speed, however eolic generators run at max capacity ... astroneer ones additionally disturbs visibility

lightnings (+ rain?) = colonysts hitten lightning while outdoor can be severely damaged, but can be exploited with LIGHTNING RODS as a very good energy source

solar storms = outdoor colonysts reached by solar storms are damaged over time, however solar panels run at max capacity

i think solar storms in planetbase could be improved with a "pulse" animation (they only change color pallete to a lighty one)..  additionally in astroneer there are geothermal energy (at least in some alphas) ... astroneer hurricanes additionally disturbs visibility, in planetbase solar panels cannot operate during huricanes and night, so eolic generators are the only way to get power during hurricanes, they also could be accompained with lightnings, i dont know

astroneer could evolve .. imagine a planetbase like game where you control a single colonyst, with indoor structures like biodomes, factories, storages, corridors, etc., ....  like when in warcraft 3 you control a group of units and heroes from a birds eye perspective, and then change to world of warcraft to control a single hero unit from a more immersive 3rd person perspective .. that could be astroneer compared to planetbase, they are excelent games but with a lot of unexploited potential.. the games are different but i am addicted to both .. would love if there was a combined game .. play planetbase to get ideas