Wyvyrias

SES Vlog 026 - Basebuilding & New Animations

Going to move the vlogs in here now (and maybe someday into their own sub-forum).

The base modularity ideas seem pretty cool.  And I like how the new Habitat will feature visible extension ports, and that they've added 2 ports.  I'm wondering if the expansion nodes will have that same feature? 

I wish Joe would have gave us a detailed look at what the guy was working on at 1:45 in the video.

That new "whip stalk" plant looks like it could be used for base perimeter defense, similar to the spiker mushrooms... that is if it spawns seeds.  Maybe they'll make it so you can dig up the entire plant and transport it back to base, like we do with research pods.

With all due respect to Gene & Sam, the final three minutes of the vlog seems like unnecessary fluff at this point in the development.  Do we really need more emote animations right now?  I suspect they've already completed the core-game artwork, but they're saving it to show later.  Or, we might not even see the "important" artwork until it's released in a future patch.

I'm looking forward to the dance emotes.  It's details like that, that help make the game more fun.  The rest looks great too.  And yes, there's always a lot being worked on, or ready to go, that they won't show yet.  I'm surprised their computer screens weren't blurred out.

New stuff looks nice, clean & tidy.

Great work.  Esp like the new module to module tethers.