Secret Squirrel

Challenge yourself!

Hey all!

A friend and I have been playtesting this bad boy since release. And loving every second of it we have done all that is currently available (tech tree, planet exploration etc). So in that we have been looking for ways to increase the difficulty, and we came up with the following:

Challenge:

• No renewable Energies on Base, Rovers, Trucks. Only wind and generator on person. Only Solar on Shuttle/Spaceship.
  • No trade platform at all
  • Batteries are allowed (we are thinking about limiting the amount allowed though) 

With these small adjustments that we implement on ourselves. We have created a good challenge and doing the above forces us to be very mindful of our energy consumption. It makes you rush a shuttle so you can mine coal on the moon and bring it back to your base.

Obviously myself and friends will keep playing regardless of what content is available in this iteration. Because new 'experimental' branch builds are always being released, they need testing.  

Thoughts? What would you do to challenge yourself? 

Cheers! 

Edited by Secret Squirrel

I don't use condenser or the trade ship.

I have 1 solar and 1 wind turbine, I like to goto planets with nothing at all and see how easy it is to setup a new base from nothing but a habitat.

9 minutes ago, Martin said:

I don't use condenser or the trade ship.

I have 1 solar and 1 wind turbine, I like to goto planets with nothing at all and see how easy it is to setup a new base from nothing but a habitat.

Well they did just tweak the condenser, so we don't mind using that strictly for shuttle fuel (because how much do you really need).

But we feel only using the Generators (both types) is a good way to limit your capability, especially for base power. It forces you to stockpile Organic and Coal. Less you want to go dark,

46 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Hey all!

A friend and I have been playtesting this bad boy since release. And loving every second of it we have done all that is currently available (tech tree, planet exploration etc). So in that we have been looking for ways to increase the difficulty, and we came up with the following:

Challenge:

• No renewable Energies on Base, Rovers, Trucks. Only wind and generator on person. Only Solar on Shuttle/Spaceship.
  • No trade platform at all
  • Batteries are allowed (we are thinking about limiting the amount allowed though) 

With these small adjustments that we implement on ourselves. We have created a good challenge and doing the above forces us to be very mindful of our energy consumption. It makes you rush a shuttle so you can mine coal on the moon and bring it back to your base.

Obviously myself and friends will keep playing regardless of what content is available in this iteration. Because new 'experimental' branch builds are always being released, they need testing.  

Thoughts? What would you do to challenge yourself? 

Cheers! 

I have heard of some users trying to do these challenges. They are good ideas. I'm not sure if steam has them, but these could be turned into achievements on xbox?!