Titico7777

Why are the starting positions so bad right now?

I have started and abandoned more than 30 games because the starting landing zone stinks, real stinks, no crashed ships nearby, the closest cave is like really far away, almost no resources or if you find some the best I can get is 3 of them, if you take in consideration that you are forced to craft the small generator and then you have to go and find organic and then find some resin, wow, I have spent literally 10 hours just running a marathon to a cave to find resource pods that give very little bytes and I am tired, right now the game is not enjoyable, it is a freaking grinding mess.

If there is no cave entrance nearby, did a diagonal tunnel and it won't take long before it opens up into a cave.

And I agree that on some games, it feels like we have tons of compound nearby but hardly any resin. Or vice-versa.

i have never got a roll i couldn't work with. there isn't enough end-game stuff anyways. personally, i welcome a hard start. makes the game last longer and be more rewarding.  pretty much any roll you get you can still succeed, just takes a little more effort.

6 hours ago, Dr. Sno said:

i have never got a roll i couldn't work with. there isn't enough end-game stuff anyways. personally, i welcome a hard start. makes the game last longer and be more rewarding.  pretty much any roll you get you can still succeed, just takes a little more effort.

Agreed!

I've never abandoned a drop based only on lack of nearby resources. If one looks,  one is sure to find essential loots for starting.

As for caves, Eoghan nailed it. Rather easy to make a way into a cave on your own. Hit-rate on caves when digging down is high as zebraballs. 

If anything, sure as zebraballs it feels like we've been blessed with even more resources near initial drop-spots.

I think this might be an issue of being able to efficiently navigate in Astroneer, due namely to the short draw distances. I often find that I've walked past resource nodes very close to my base without noticing them because things are constantly popping in and out of view.  

19 hours ago, Titico7777 said:

I have started and abandoned more than 30 games because the starting landing zone stinks, real stinks, no crashed ships nearby, the closest cave is like really far away, almost no resources or if you find some the best I can get is 3 of them, if you take in consideration that you are forced to craft the small generator and then you have to go and find organic and then find some resin, wow, I have spent literally 10 hours just running a marathon to a cave to find resource pods that give very little bytes and I am tired, right now the game is not enjoyable, it is a freaking grinding mess.

Sounds like you you need to get good 

Last/Current game started right above a cave, next to a forest.  Got 6 tech pods about 15mins into the game. (Took me about an hour getting them out tho heh)

Edited by Martin

Staring on a very difficult landing zone is pretty tough, but it makes the good drops very, very sweet, indeed.

However, if you are deprived of both resin and compound too early, you may be doomed. This has not happened to me yet.

I have has some pretty deprived landing zones, but I then persisted to make them workable. That can be pretty satisfying.

I think the main issue to this claim, is the game is still pretty slow to update terrain, so places that often seem devoid of compound and resin actually have alot of it, you just don't see it update fast enough and then assume there is none.

I am telling you, I have the worst luck in this game ever, for first time in 100+ games that I land close to one of those crashed solar panels and now I cannot connect my grid to them, I swear to you, this game hates me. LOL