DCSignal

Compound and Resin Plinths

In the Patch 221 update it was stated that the Oxygen, Power and Resource Plinths were removed in order to make the game more of a challenge for exploring. I understand and agree with the concept of doing this for Oxygen and Power. However even without the Plinths, this is still a very easy game to progress through and players who have been playing for a while tend to invent challenges for themselves to prolong the gaming experience. I found the Compound and Resin Plinths a very useful tool for adding virtual content into the game and have been finding their absence frustrating.

My favourite 'difficulty setting' was the removal of the use of the Terrain Tool for digging. In this game play the Compound and Resin Plinths become like Eureka finds within the game, and the lack of digging also gives added importance to finding Metals on the Wrecks. It gave the game a Strategic quality and made the gaming experience far more rewarding for someone like me who is putting a lot of time into the game.

I don't see an issue with putting this content back into the game as there is Resin and Compound sitting in the ground everywhere. (at least on Terrain)

Darren

While difficulties are planned (IIRC), removing the ability to dig would be extremely problematic and make the game somewhat unplayable, as it's not designed for that. However, you could introduce terrain tool fuel and make the digging rate 50% slower. This would greatly limit it's use and thus require more strategical thinking.

I wasn't suggesting the removal of the Digging tool, just allowing us enough flexibility to choose not to use it. 215 got close to a perfect setup with an early way to get the Inhibitor tool so we could vacuum resources. I'm sure I can't be the only one who hates digging holes around my base. 

Does anyone else have an uneasy sense of the horrible strip-mining damage done to these lovely planets?

It would be nice to have a 'reverse dynamite' that could seal up a huge hole produced by digging up resources.

Yes, it can be done manually with the terrain tool, but that would take a massive effort.

I always take my strip mines into the ground. one entrance and that's it.  no mess on the top and 360 degrees of dirt to dig. and usually lots of caves to explore as you mine.