Vegantichrist

Invert Y on xbox

Can you please allow the invert y to be disabled on the deformation tool? I need it for looking around, but when it's applied to the tool, it becomes unplayable for me. 

Thanks. 

I second this.

I always play with inverted controls for my camera but it doesn't make any sense for the deformation tool. The fact that it changes both means I'm either fightiing with the camera or fighting with the tool, very frustrating and hard to to get engaged in the game so far.

2 hours ago, CrypticFox said:

I thought I saw the option to invert Y from the options in the game menu.

We are not asking for an Invert Y option, we are asking for this option to be fixed/improved.

Currently it inverts the controls for both the camera and the deformation tool along with moving picked up objects. So once inverted with the tool out, pressing up moves the tool cursor towards you instead of away from you which is actually very confusing.

Usually the Invert Y option would invert the camera controls only and this is what we are asking for. Perhaps separate invert Y options, one for the camera and one for the tool.

Yeah the invert option (which should be under the "controls" section) inverts everything. I too play inverted on everything but it makes using the tool very difficult and also using the backpack inventory 

For me it is essential for any long term playing of this game to have the options separated into at least 2 separate options, 1 for backpack/object placement/pick up/terrain tool (lets call it 'hand' to save typing) and 1 for view/look (head).

I'm stuck at the moment where 'hand' is almost impossible (well very frustrating) to use inverted, likewise with 'head' and the 'normal' setting.

Personally I want to be able to choose what views are inverted. For normal mode/view, I prefer it to be inverted (pushing UP will make character look down), but when I am using the tool/cursor to have it normal (pushing UP will move the cursor forward away from player/up the screen).

Good suggestion. I would like some customizability when it comes to using different tools and etc. in the game!

+1 from me on this one.