Airbus_Flyer

Suggestion: A machine that auto-fills soil into canisters

I have purchased Astroneer yesterday and have already spent 10 hours on it. I have a suggestion: a machine that can be researched that will automatically fill canisters with soil. I got this idea when I spent 2 hours filling canisters with soil so that I could use them in the Mineral Extractor and found that it is very so a grind. I fully understand this but, my idea is that this machine works slower than a player could fill canisters. Of course for that you don't need to go somewhere and dig for 2 hours, instead you work on your base or do other things and come back to filled canisters. Please let me know what you think, and ask any questions you have about my idea. Thank you!

i dont really think thats a good idea i bought the game yeasterday and atm i have everything researched exept dynamite and i actualy got lost twice for few hours in that time

i like the game but i think progressions is too fast atm with so little content and making such a machine will make it boring really quick

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:01 PM, FACR Dwarfy said:

Or the wide mod and boost mod.

with both of these equipped it takes about 10-15 seconds to fill 8 canisters in your backpack

I have been using the boost and wide mods already, but thank you for your suggestion. :-)

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, Lithium said:

Get yourself a crane and drill, that way your 2 hour will become a 15 minutes

Thank you for the suggestion, I will be using it the next time I play! :-)

Edited by Airbus_Flyer