Freaky

[Suggestion] Exploration Drone

Here's something that I thought off that could be pretty cool for the future. How about instead of a map we work around with beacons and a drone that drops beacons to locations. I'm thinking of an AI driven drone that requires fuel and electricity (power) to work and could be filled with beacons and it scouts the planet or cave for specific ressources. You can make it look for specific things like crash sites or simply a specific ressource or make it mark anything it comes across. It could have a radio where an AI just tells u ''found a crash site south west of ur location, marking it with beacons''.

What could be cool about it is it would have a limited amount of storage to allow us to manage his power for the drone to work, Hyrdazine for the engine to work and number of beacons for how many things u want it to mark. Lets say u want to find something specific just give it 1 beacon but lots of fuel and power for a long range run instead of a short run with multiple beacons.

Idea could be reworked but thats something I thought today, what are you guys's thoughts on it?

I think its a good way for you to find and lokcate stuff, but i dont think it could negate having a map to make youre way around the planet

I also like the idea. The wings could have solar panels attached to it as well to keep it going for a while. Talking about maps too, it would be cool to have some kind of map of the planet as well. Keep the ideas coming!