Feuerwalze

The future of astroneer?

I found this Video of upcomming survival games. Astroneer at 10:30. Is this a future promotion buid? New base building? With automation?

This video is really bad. Half of the game hes covering isn't even released in 2017.

In fact, it's from a 2015 version of Astroneer, basically a pre-pre-pre release of astroneer.

What strikes me in that video is how dynamic the early game looks compared to the tedious management focus of the game now. When I started the game it was very simple and lots of fun. Now it's getting more and more complicated and more process driven. The game has slowed to a crawl and there is no incentive to leave the base and explore.

I really loved that ship, I wish they would bring it back. That looks awesome in comparison with the junky look thing we have now. This looks more real. And the solar panels are 100000000 time better than the one we have now.

Edited by Titico7777

2 hours ago, Buddha (Aus) said:

What strikes me in that video is how dynamic the early game looks compared to the tedious management focus of the game now. When I started the game it was very simple and lots of fun. Now it's getting more and more complicated and more process driven. The game has slowed to a crawl and there is no incentive to leave the base and explore.

In the first hour or so, yes, the game can feel like we can't explore or go too far away for too long because we have to babysit the research chamber and feed organics into the generator when it stops. Once you've got a few solar panels and wind turbines going on, you can spend more time spelunking and hunting for fallen space debris.

1 minute ago, Eoghan said:

Once you've got a few solar panels and wind turbines going on, you can spend more time spelunking and hunting for fallen space debris.

But there is no incentive. The game is increasingly focused on mechanics and processes. I see no sign of encouraging exploration or discovery. In the beginning one was forced to look for seeds and nuts to do research. People had fun building things with the terrain. Now there is a credit/debit limit on terrain 'management'. The game is shrinking before my eyes.

1 hour ago, Buddha (Aus) said:

But there is no incentive. The game is increasingly focused on mechanics and processes. I see no sign of encouraging exploration or discovery. In the beginning one was forced to look for seeds and nuts to do research. People had fun building things with the terrain. Now there is a credit/debit limit on terrain 'management'. The game is shrinking before my eyes.

You still need to find the research chests, and the terrain management is negligible. Load up your backpack with canisters, fill them with dirt, then mould the terrain as you see fit almost endlessly