Sign in to follow this  
spinlock_1977

Rover Freaked, and then Disappeared!

Hi folks,

I had a 2-rover (medium) with 3 medium mostly-empty storage units on it.  A storm came along, and when it was over, my rover was upside down and laying across my vehicle bay and trading platform.  I hit Tab to flip it, and then things went horribly awry.  It flipped, but as it settled on the ground, 2 rovers suddenly balled up and starting spinning furiously, and then winked out of existence!  I thought it might have fallen through the world because I dug a huge cave underneath my base, but I couldn't find it there.  I can't find it anywhere.

I would like to see storms stop affecting vehicles if not altogether, at least on Terran.  It's very frustrating to lose a rover train because it got blown down a hole.  Once you've built up your strength and get off the planet, then I can see storms being more dangerous.

how do you already have a rover there isn't enough points for research to be able to build with 2 people working it would take a year to get off planet you guys should rethink the points system decrease value or increase value for research

9 hours ago, Brejifus said:

how do you already have a rover there isn't enough points for research to be able to build with 2 people working it would take a year to get off planet you guys should rethink the points system decrease value or increase value for research

Maybe you started out the game in an area without many research chests.  Find a cave and go digging - you should find a bunch.  You can also put resources in the research units - Lithium is the best, but of course it's very rare.  If you find one at a crash site, use the sediment processor to duplicate it and stick the duplicate in the research unit.

I hit this recently too -- I had my rover connected to the base in advance of a storm hitting, and as the storm passed it was spasmimg upside down. When I disconnected the umbilical it disappeared. 

I'm OK with rovers getting bounced around by the blocks that fly through the air in a storm, but it feels like I should be able to secure them by building a wall around my base or by keeping them tethered. That said, if I can walk around on foot in a storm then I the rover should not be moved at all by the winds.