Space Catfish

World Bridge

So I tried building a ramp up into space to see what I hit, and it seems there is some kind of limit or wall around the planet.  I am still running experiments to go further.  I will update when I learn something new.

4 minutes ago, MRsOrange said:

One of the devs said it is possible to build to a planet.,  So don't give up just yet :)

I am indeed trying.  I found some kind of line, but i've got past it and am following another towards the planets!  I have also learned that the block wing storms will still hit you even up here.

That image is awesome. How did you get past the first "limit" or barrier to continue building? It looks like you're doing a great job and I hope you make it so we can see what happens when you connect two planets.

14 minutes ago, netram said:

That image is awesome. How did you get past the first "limit" or barrier to continue building? It looks like you're doing a great job and I hope you make it so we can see what happens when you connect two planets.

There is some kind of height barrier to stop me from going off just into the void of space it seems, but if I move below that I can keep moving towards the moon and planets.  They all seem to be in line with the band of stars you see in the sky box.  So for now I need to find the sweet spot that lets me connect to the planets or moon, without going too far out into the void. 

P.S. this is what it looks like to fall from my bridge back to the planet.

Falling back home.PNG

Edited by Space Catfish

25 minutes ago, Space Catfish said:

Here is where I've gotten so far.  Here I come Moon!

To the MOON!.PNG

What! This is amazing. Thank you for the idea, I am definitely going to try this out. 

52 minutes ago, Space Catfish said:

I am indeed trying.  I found some kind of line, but i've got past it and am following another towards the planets!  I have also learned that the block wing storms will still hit you even up here.

[15]: Can we dig all the way through a planet or build a bridge to another planet?
Theoretically yes...good luck and let us know how it goes!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but on the live-stream yesterday the devs confirmed that you could not build a bridge to another planet; the height limit is a bounding box, and it exists for performance reasons.

24 minutes ago, Paploo said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but on the live-stream yesterday the devs confirmed that you could not build a bridge to another planet; the height limit is a bounding box, and it exists for performance reasons.

Good to know, thanks Paploo!

Thanks for the support every one. Even if this  won't work I'll still mess around and see if I can make anything cool at the top of the map. 

I've gotten a little closer. 

Closing IN.PNG

Copying from this thread http://forum.systemera.net/topic/1597-building-a-bridge-to-another-planet/?page=2

On 19/12/2016 at 0:48 PM, Wyvyrias said:

Just to confirm, yes, you cannot build bridges to other planets. There's a height limit plus due the movement of the planets you couldn't really make it stay in place anyway. The FAQ still stays you can build those bridges, but this information is outdated and will be corrected soon.