VT-14

Give the Catalog its own button

The Research Update added the research Catalog, which is brought up by pressing the Open Backpack key a second time.  I would suggest switching this functionality to a new key, or allowing players to change it independently of the Open Backpack button.

I've played for over 80 hours and have gotten use to pressing Q to toggle between having the backpack opened or closed (similarly to pressing E to toggle the Deform Tool between active/not active.).  I often open the backpack, grab a resource, close it, and place the resource where I want it.  This change now requires double tapping Q to close the backpack and still briefly flashes up the Catalog while playing its activation noise.  I've tried adjusting to the new system for the previous hour or so, but I am still finding the change irritating.

Separating Open Backpack from Open Catalog would also allow players to access the Catalog directly, and the ability to close out of the Catalog without closing the backpack.

Me too, I think backpack should use the universal default of "i" or "TAB". So the q can be for research and e for TT.

Each function should be bound to its own button, as having two different buttons controlling the backpack is confusing at the moment.

Here's my solution:

Y button opens and closes the Backpack

X button equips and unequips the Deforming Tool

B button opens and closes the catalog

Basically, each button would be used to toggle it's specified item between it's two different states.

28 minutes ago, FuzionGamer0125 said:

This is played over Xbox as well so it would be hard to find any other keys to use as this?

I play on Xbox One too, the layout I discribed was with the Xbox controller in mind. The B button was up until now unused. Sorry for not being clear.

17 hours ago, Ghostwolf93 said:

Each function should be bound to its own button, as having two different buttons controlling the backpack is confusing at the moment.

Here's my solution:

Y button opens and closes the Backpack

X button equips and unequips the Deforming Tool

B button opens and closes the catalog

Basically, each button would be used to toggle it's specified item between it's two different states.