Terrain Tool won't Raise/Smooth terrain

Hi All,

I'm really glad to be back playing this awesome game.

When I tried to use the terrain tool it would not allow me to raise or smooth out terrain. Just showed me a red "X". Do I need to upgrade the tool now?

Thanks

When you open your backpack, if there is any tooltip showing you’ll need to do that first.

It will guide you through building a generator, and canisters first.

Once you have a canister, and have collected some dirt, you’ll be able to flatten or add terrain.

You don’t need power to modify terrain unless you fit a mod to your tool

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with this!  When I create a canister, it doesn't look like the canister in the info, it is a straight solid cylinder with 4 blue dots about half-way down the cylinder and it doesn't pick up dirt, or have the colored dot on the end that changes color when full. The end is just flat. Consequently, I can't do anything with the terrain but dig! Really sucks!! I can't do anything that requires canisters of dirt!

I haven't been able do this for several games I've started. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

On ‎8‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 11:38 AM, gillie said:

I have a problem with this!  When I create a canister, it doesn't look like the canister in the info, it is a straight solid cylinder with 4 blue dots about half-way down the cylinder and it doesn't pick up dirt, or have the colored dot on the end that changes color when full. The end is just flat. Consequently, I can't do anything with the terrain but dig! Really sucks!! I can't do anything that requires canisters of dirt!

I haven't been able do this for several games I've started. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Canisters are made from resin so if what your making isn't out of that its not the canister it should also be at the top of the research tree can't remember which one it's under.

• 1 year later...

I can confirm the same issue. I have played the game in the past so I know what I'm doing but this new version is broken. I have attached my screenshot showing what the new canisters look like. But they don't work.

one.png

• 1 year later...