Sign in to follow this  
Kafetist

Quick!! Long zoom & long range augments!

We need this fast! Longer zoom-out augment, call it camera drone, radar augment, sensory upgrade whatever but I would like to zoom out a little bit more...

Longer terraform reach range augment/mod/upgrade, essential! I mean wow!

I just figured out I can play with wacom + keyboard. I've already learned to drive with wacom.

Thanks! I don't care how many batteries I have to drag with me or how much astroneum will these upgrades require, but I would like to see a little bit more and reach a little bit further just to be able to landscape more. Especially steep upward forms are challenging.

Oh, oh! And one, maybe the MOST important thing! This one you'll love, flip both axes on mouse and keyboard, have them separate if you like, but to me at first it just felt completely inverted when I tilt and pan using right click, and even after getting used to it I need to adjust to it every time with wacom.

Thanks for reading.

Oh, and I bet playing with wacom isn't any news to you guys, but still, wow.. what you guys have made there is a monster. I'm dying to see you guys tackle the terraforming as you progress.

Yeah looking good @Lithium but I was thinking more along the lines of you know how when you enter a habitat you see a lot more? Maybe something like that and then be able to terraform the same amount further. If it sounds all too good you can add some disadvantages to it, or maybe it's a module that needs to be slotted to a vehicle?

On 11/12/2017 at 1:20 PM, Kafetist said:

Also: Orbital Terraforming Station

Wow. just, wow.

i always wanted to live on a donut, with this i can make my own planetary donut hole.

also, re: wacom - i used to play Diablo2 with a drawing tablet, it make the process of click-clicking your way across the isometric map less tedious, just point with your pen and off you go. not tried it with Astroneer, amy have to try it now.

but - back to orbital terraforming.

(really long pause)

WOW.

i mean, Wow.

just purely practically thinking - if you hit the planet from orbit, you could tear away so much material that your planet would no longer have enough mass for you to stay in orbit around..... this is the terraforming equivalent of sitting on the tree branch you are sawing off..... you would go spinning off into space.

nevertheless..... Wow.

Kafetist, youre my kind of crazy.

Yeah well the benefits of wacom don't really show up all too much but only because the level of detail on the ground is so low. Perfect solution would be to zoom out a little bit more then be able to sculpt a little bit further. Also, no pressure sensitivity in the game, just imagine how much fun that would be.

1 hour ago, Bron said:

just purely practically thinking - if you hit the planet from orbit, you could tear away so much material that your planet would no longer have enough mass for you to stay in orbit around..... this is the terraforming equivalent of sitting on the tree branch you are sawing off..... you would go spinning off into space.

Yeah yeah but with the mega-canisters attached you'd reach a point where you can't really tell if you're orbiting the planet or if the planet is orbiting your station.