michjon22

MAKE A SAVE FOR THE KEYBOARD SETTING

Sometimes there is a hack where dev's will store the settings in a configuration file. Can't find one, so we'll have to wait until further down the line when SE build that feature.

Do you think this is more important than content or other features? If so, why?

Detailed settings of the game are required for the comfort of the user, so it's a important step but basic...

BUT, it's true that this game still in pre-alpha ...

Thank you for your reply :)

wait - you guys can't save your keyboard bindings? ive been aable to do that for some versions now. i'm on a pc, on steam, if that matters.

admittedly, the keyboard hints dont change - that's kinda annoying, i'll admit - but my keys are set up as i like them. you can do this from the main menu, in controls, i think.

now all i want is to be able to configure my multi-button mouse, that would really help.

12 hours ago, Bron said:

wait - you guys can't save your keyboard bindings? ive been aable to do that for some versions now. i'm on a pc, on steam, if that matters.

admittedly, the keyboard hints dont change - that's kinda annoying, i'll admit - but my keys are set up as i like them. you can do this from the main menu, in controls, i think.

now all i want is to be able to configure my multi-button mouse, that would really help.

My question was to make a save of the keyboard key settings so that when you turn off and on the game, you should not redo the settings.

Thanks for your reply :)

On 09/12/2017 at 4:02 PM, CodeIsBroken said:

Sometimes there is a hack where dev's will store the settings in a configuration file. Can't find one, so we'll have to wait until further down the line when SE build that feature.

Do you think this is more important than content or other features? If so, why?

Detailed settings of the game are required for the comfort of the user, so it's a important step but basic...

BUT, it's true that this game still in pre-alpha ...

Thank you for your reply :)

I personally confirm my custom keys mappings are not saved, I have to reset them every time I restart the game (version Alpha 0.5.1.0).

It is not such a burden as there are not (yet?) many keys but I confirm this is quite annoying.

Also, I have some issue when I reset "raise terrain" or "equalize terrain" as I have to do them twice.
First change is not kept (I use the return key to enter setting mode, not the mouse).

I also have a problem that my keyboard settings are lost everytime I start up the game. Walking is with Q and Z for me cause i have an AZERTY-keyboard. It would help alot if the settings are saved.

I'm on steam/PC -version ALFA 0.6.2.0

Edited by Hakke89

Hi,

I have the same problem, the keyboard settings (AZERTY, french keyboard) is reset after each restart of ASTRONEER.

Since the version 0.6 , it's impossible for me tu use the rover, to forward is always W key while the setting is Z. The audio settings has 0 values, I must change the values after each restart.

Steam/PC Windows 10. Vers 0.7.0.0 ( Sorry for my english)

It's more a missing feature than a bug, but yeah same thing than Pilpoil. It's not so important , but it's more confortable for the azerty keyboard players. ;)