Mastersw18

infinite energy bug

5a2436c5db63e_Infiniteenergy.thumb.png.9bd1a52d476c851821c55c7e058c56f1.png

Hey,

when i start a new world, or open a old one.

My bagpack energy meter is not going down aand i have infinite energy, even when im not attached to a power line.

In this picture im not attached to any line and i can walk around keep using my drill, but not lose any energy, but i do lose my O2,

Hope it is possible to fix this, because i do not have a challenge at the moment because of this problem.

Using the basic terrain tool does not consume power anymore.  It will consume power IF you have any augment attached (wide/analyzer/etc).

Using the printer or using an augment on the tool is about the only thing that consumes power now.

I question the implementation of this feature. It is just not a challenge anymore to obtain resources. Although my opinion does not matter, I think that this is not a good idea since it will damage the dynamic of the game.

My hopes is that they have turned off energy use strictly to make it easier to dig and get to resources so that other game mechanics can be fleshed out.  Just my guess though.

I am new to this, so I came into the game with this mechanic. I was wondering why to even have power "bubbles" in caves, for I would just end up with lots of spare power that eventually went unused when I finished most research. I felt it was too easy without having more power drains, and that power was only used to print, smelt and research.