Can't make Printer due to clutter / building locations

XP-Lionheart

I built several buildings & think there is one called a printer that I can't make with my current base config, It would be nice to be able to break down / destroy a building. Or to be able to move them around if you are in the central starting / saving pod.

astroneers_base.png

What you're supposed to do it extend a platform but not upgrade it to a large platform, and it can extend into more platforms. I could be mistaken but I believe that you can craft dynamite in your backpack, and use that to blow one of your existing platforms up. If not, it looks like you can still make a spaceship, land on a different area, and then make a printer there. Hope this helps!

Base layout is one part of the game that you eventually figure out with some practice.

I like to create a line of small nodes off my habitat, and create the bigger platforms at an angle from there, kind of a "fishbone" pattern.  Like this:

DA317060EC5E1224C73AE04E32CA849F3A414663

Of course, there a lot of possibilities, and everybody likes their base set up different.  Try a few different ways, just remember to always leave an opening where you can extend more, because you'll want more platforms, and you'll want more small nodes to hold storage as you collect stuff.