Buddha

Building Smooth Roads with the Rover

I would really like to see road building as a thing. Maybe have a researched attachment in front of the vehicle, that flattens terrain. Being able to create a network of smooth roads would open up exploration hugely, as well being a lot of fun in itself.

Funny enough I support half of your idea, Since the planet in astroneer are realistic, hence they are planet shaped, with marco polo and stuff.

A long flat road wouldn't be ideal, however a way to build road that at least mark where you should drive along to get between bases would be hella nice.

Roadlight and Large Tether shaped electric poles would really add in to the feeling of being on an actual road.

that would make it SOOOO much easier to make roads, even allow the terrain analyzer so you can make it a specific color too!

6 hours ago, Lithium said:

Funny enough I support half of your idea, Since the planet in astroneer are realistic, hence they are planet shaped, with marco polo and stuff.

A long flat road wouldn't be ideal, however a way to build road that at least mark where you should drive along to get between bases would be hella nice.

Roadlight and Large Tether shaped electric poles would really add in to the feeling of being on an actual road.

large tether would be nice, more resources to make, and only get one, but much larger reach, and more light from it!

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎26 at 1:02 PM, Eoghan said:

Grader attachment FTW:

Image result for grader

now this should be implemented and would be nice if you could link vehicles side by side for this to be industeraly efective

but i'm not pressuring you guys to develop something like this but how i think the grater should do the flating relitve to the vehicle plus a ray to the center of the planet

edit oh and if displaced soil is a problem make a medium canaster to hold the soil (be useful for digging too!)

Edited by stuart pratt
a quick detail i forgot that would be usfulll