DarkPhosphorus

Power/Oxygen Specific Slots

The backpack should have 4 extra slots on each side for batteries and oxygen. This would allow the player to hold up to 8 more items that can only be oxygen tanks or batteries. These spaces can not hold any other items. This way, players can have enough power/oxygen to mine through caves and collect soil without having to give up inventory space. Who wants to go cave exploring if they have to take multiple trips getting all of their discoveries to the surface? I would rather have my oxygen and power on the sides leaving space open to carry stuff up or to explore longer and carry more before I had to go back and drop items off.

The thing is, adding such slots would make the idea of oxygen tanks and batteries kinda obsolete.
You're supposed to choose what you'd prefer to have. If they just give us all the inventory slots we possibly could need, the idea itself turns into a shallow gimmick.

I also agree with Wyvyrias but understand the frustration of getting extra slots and then the game changes so we always have to fill them with something. I feel I must always have a work light, at least one or more canisters and an oxygen tank. Add in a small battery and power source if you also have a mod or two in use and there’s not much room left for collecting resources.

Instead of the original suggestion, I’d prefer some machine that could transport resources back to a vehicle or a base on its own. At least then you can use the slots for assistance rather than storage.

I prefer just bringing a vehicle with me and make "roads" in the caves.  Yes, it's a game, but I like a little realism in it.  I don't want to be bristling with augments, batteries, canisters, oxy tanks and a tons of mined resources.  I keep all supplies on my vehicle so my pack is open for mining then just grab what I need as I go.

The current backpack was designed when there were no augments or canisters to carry around. Not sure if we need specific slots for O2, batteries and the like but a few extra slots would be welcome.

One slot for extra o² tank and another for extra battery would be nice. Though,  that would be kind of op. Maybe only one extra slot and one has to choose what one brings on current voyage?

What i really would like to see is a separate pouch for Augments because once one has enough (reserve)power, boost+wide=so much win.

I would support Wyvyrias commend and some others. We have 10 (+3) slots which can (again) be used for whatever you need. I disliked the idea of having slots where only certain add-ons were addable. Adding custom battery/O2 slots would kind of be a way back. And adding more slots would make the backpack too powerful and confusing.

So, I would not change anything here at the moment to keep it simple and clear. However, there are other discussion about character customization. That might include a special backpack extension with larger O2 or power (or both) capabilities. But that would be something to be achieved.

My thoughts, have a nice eve!

The underlying issue is inventory space, and I guess many of us relate to running out of space in the base as well...

Simple solution: Reduce the resource yield of mining deposits to, say, 50%.
As an example, that would mean that mining a full field of Laterite ore would yield a total of 2 Laterite nuggets, instead of 4.

Fewer resource nuggets mean both more space in the inventory and less micro-management.
Also, in my opinion, base modules etc. are far too cheap currently, so I think the price of printing items could remain unchanged.

Rover's work quite well therefore. But something like an "oxygen generator" (something cubic which can be carried using a two-slot-attachment) would be nice. But the costs should be below a rover, if not, that does not make a lot of sense.