toastedtoast

Automatic Sediment Distribution

Although this is not a big thing, it would just make lots of peoples lives easier. When I have 16+ canisters full of sediment I would like to plug in my rover and like the yellow lines that you get when you have a power source, something similar but brown or whatever color. have that appear and automatically transfer sediment into my mineral extractor. Obviously like I said it's not huge but I would rather that happen instead of individually dragging the canisters into the mineral extractor. Another thing I thought of while making this post if you have a mineral extractor that isn't completely filled with sediment and no room to fit sediment in your inventory you could have it transfer down tethers. Just a thought.

P.s. sorry for the lengthy post.

Many times I just want one or two compound or resin.  If the machine auto filled like you are suggesting, I wouldn't be able to do that any more.  For me the extractor is more of a one or two item thing, I prefer to go out to find the resource.  Until the game has settled down, you never know what changes are coming.  I would rather not become dependent on the machines to provide what I need.  As has been seen in the past, changes to how things work are subject to change like with hydrazine and the trade platform (I liked that change).

On 11/19/2017 at 4:19 PM, Kantanshi said:

Many times I just want one or two compound or resin.  If the machine auto filled like you are suggesting, I wouldn't be able to do that any more.  For me the extractor is more of a one or two item thing, I prefer to go out to find the resource.  Until the game has settled down, you never know what changes are coming.  I would rather not become dependent on the machines to provide what I need.  As has been seen in the past, changes to how things work are subject to change like with hydrazine and the trade platform (I liked that change).

Which brings up the suggestion of picking how many you want from the processor.

On 11/19/2017 at 3:20 PM, toastedtoast said:

Although this is not a big thing, it would just make lots of peoples lives easier. When I have 16+ canisters full of sediment I would like to plug in my rover and like the yellow lines that you get when you have a power source, something similar but brown or whatever color. have that appear and automatically transfer sediment into my mineral extractor. Obviously like I said it's not huge but I would rather that happen instead of individually dragging the canisters into the mineral extractor. Another thing I thought of while making this post if you have a mineral extractor that isn't completely filled with sediment and no room to fit sediment in your inventory you could have it transfer down tethers. Just a thought.

P.s. sorry for the lengthy post.

I like this idea.

I've had a large rover carrying a total of 72 cans of sediment before and had the same problem.  Some kind of bulk storage silo would also be helpful.

@DKeith2011

Yes, if they implemented this idea and added some way to choose how many to make, that would work great.  A large storage silo would also work well.  Maybe make it so you connect the rover with sediment canisters to the silo with the umbilical and it directly unloads the canisters into the silo through this connection.